1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Sugar <> Stevia Relationship by weight?

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by miahara, Mar 12, 2018.

1. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve been trying with no success to find the relationship in grams between granulated stevia and granulated sugar in order to achieve a similar level of sweetness.

I have found some sites that give a relationship, but they are mainly in terms of cups, tsp, tbs and I don’t find them particularly helpful.

Can anyone help?

2. Boo1979

Boo1979 Other · Well-Known Member

Dunno the correct ratios but stevia is v v v much sweeter! I find 1 drop of liquid srevia is more than enough to sub for 1tsp of sugar - which is apparently 4g of sugar
    With the granulated stuff ( which I dont use) Id prob try a 1:4 conversion, taste it and adjust as indicated by the taste

3. bangkokdiabetic

bangkokdiabetic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4. LouWilk059

LouWilk059 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

In Canada, it's under the brand name of Truvia. This website has the conversions you are looking for.
    https://www.truvia.ca/conversion-chart

5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I sometimes use granulated truvia.. which is mainly stevia I think ...its 1/3 teaspoon of truvia to replace 1 tsp of sugar. It is very sweet though so maybe try a bit less first time.

6. miahara

miahara Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very many thanks to EVERYONE who has taken the trouble to reply. I'm now much better informed as to the general ratios. But I guess in the final analysis, the best strategy is 'suck it or taste it and see'.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook