Increasingly frustrated by GP

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, a brilliant result particularly with Christmas in the time slot. Shame that you had to be tearful before anyone would give you the result.

On the subject of online medical records when I checked mine I found that there was nothing there, no note of childhood illness, antibiotics taken ( I went through a huge variety because of a skin condition), adult inoculations taken for travel and the boosters after 10 years, nor of tests taken and results (I had a possibly positive smear which was resolved quickly). I understand that copying up details of every cold and strain are tedious but there should be mention of things that may impact on later life. I w then would urge anyone to check their record online as this is what the doctor now accesses at a consultation.

I agree phoenix55 about the importance of checking ones records

My record showed a lot of pretty low grade stuff like hayfever but completely omitted the fact I’d had a kidney removed last year!

Ps great result @Mel dCP you must be chuffed to bits

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Bluetit1802 and @Guzzler
She quoted the NICE guidelines about lower levels for diabetics, but all the reading I have done so far is pushing me towards cholesterol being reasonably good for my brain and cells.

She was quoting from old guidelines I expect. NICE are now more concerned with the non-HDL, which should be under 4. Yours is 3.6, so tally ho! However, most experts in the field believe it is the trigs/HDL ratio that counts, which is ideal if under 0.87. Yours is 0.47, so tally ho again! :)

Reactions: Diakat

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Total 5.1
HDL 1.5
LDL 3.6
Trigs 0.7

Personally? I'd be very happy with your numbers. The analysis below is done here: http://www.hughcalc.org/chol-si.php

upload_2018-3-12_22-21-0.png

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep I'd agree with everyone else.. your doc needs some cholesterol education..

leahkian

You are the diabetic and that is why they brought out NHS Choices. You can ask the doctor at the clinic to copy you in every letter they send out, if like me you see different doctors in different departments you do end up with quite a few letters but i find this easy because you can compare your results. My GP;S before i had a SPK transplant would tell me to contact my diabetic team as they were the best to ask. Now if i do not feel well i have to go to my local hospital who once they hear double transplant you would think i had two heads. They cannot get on the phone quick enough to get me transfered ro Newcastle which suits me fine as all my care is their. I did have to stop for two nights at my local hospital with the novovirus but was allowed to walk around and then they would ask what they should do, so i told them to ring the transplant team. They needed to do a special blood test, the first one they put in the wrong bottle and the 2nd one they lost. In the end i came home but you must get on to the diabetic clinic and ask for a copy of all letters and also if the bloods were of worry the team at the clinic would contact you

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yep I'd agree with everyone else.. your doc needs some cholesterol education..
Me too.
I was told recently that hdl should be higher than ldl.
That ldl is the transporters and hdl was the load of good cholesterol.
Just goes to show what I've been told is a load of rubbish!

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
@NoKindOfSusie I would echo what has already been said that some HCP are only in it to toe the line that is given to them. As in any business there are always exceptions to the rule, the awkward ones who continue to read and think for themselves. Finding one of these that dares to put their head above the proverbial parapet is like finding gold dust but they are worth the search and then keeping. Do not despair, they are there. Remember that everyone is different and you are the expert on your body.
I have just spent some time discussing diabetes and diet with some HCP. They followed my reasoning until I got to the point of the Eatwell plate, then they could not make that small step to see how useless it is. All I can do is hope that a seed has been planted and some time in the future they will recall a slightly mad old woman taking time and talking to them about what has worked for her.

Reactions: DJC3

sugardaddy74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So following the saga of my foot check/ reduced strip allocation I went in today to see if blood results were back.
They are. But receptionist won't tell me or let me have a print out. I point out that they gave me one last year and it helps me keep track. She says she will have to ask the doctor and I can come back some other day - er, no, I have a life!
She says, there is a note here saying get doctor to call you about the results. Me: which test is that for? Her: serum...
Me: Yes but what for?
Her: doctor will call you on Monday.
Me: it would really help to know what result we are talking about, these are my results.
Her: doctor will tell you.
Typical of the old arrogant attitude of doctors. Mine gives me a full print-out of all results. I wouldn't stand for less.

Nanaclaire

So following the saga of my foot check/ reduced strip allocation I went in today to see if blood results were back.
They are. But receptionist won't tell me or let me have a print out. I point out that they gave me one last year and it helps me keep track. She says she will have to ask the doctor and I can come back some other day - er, no, I have a life!
She says, there is a note here saying get doctor to call you about the results. Me: which test is that for? Her: serum...
Me: Yes but what for?
Her: doctor will call you on Monday.
Me: it would really help to know what result we are talking about, these are my results.
Her: doctor will tell you.

I have today spoke today the receptionisttold me that morphine is a controlled & to be signed for (which I no), and that it had to be collected now I have been having my prescptions delivered for many yrs but I changed pharmacy that I'm registered with & have issued this drug with no problems. Now thus horrid person told me very abruptly to collect it. I did today & have felt ill the remainder of the day. I have diabetes, heart decease and chronic back problem. Why after all these yrs I have no problem & what is the point of getting patience to sign up to this service but there is a issue with this drug the reason I signed up is that cannot get out dew to back pain. Anyone else had this problem

Nana Claire