First post

Caxialoopy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone, I've been reading the forum for some time but have now finally plucked up courage to join. So quick intro, I've been diagnosed Type 2 about ten years, started with diet only control but that was when I, wrongly I now realise, was focussing on lots of leafy greens, green powders etc and as advised by Diabetes Nurse practitioner, 'just a normal healthy diet'...you know low fat etc. Anyway managed for 8 years until HbA1c of 96 and random BG of 24 made me give in to Metformin. Started on 1000mg/ day then within a few months increased to 2000mg and Alogliptin 25mg added. Finally I found the message about low carb through the Low Carb Diabetic website and have been pretty rigorous with that for about 6 months and 4 weeks ago HbA1c 39!!! Still have some tummy fat to dispose of but I lost over a stone so now DN advising me not to lose any more hehe. Good news is am officially allowed to reduce Metformin to 1500mg and aiming to slowly reduce more.

Reactions: dbr10

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you should be in the success stories.. well done indeed.. great news and great control. Hello and welcome to this crazy place!

Reactions: dbr10

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the best corner of the internet! It’s good here isn’t it? Congratulations on your achievements!

Reactions: Ragmar and ziggy_w

Caxialoopy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the best corner of the internet! It’s good here isn’t it? Congratulations on your achievements!
Thank you Rachox I see you are very organised with listing HbA1c results dates weights... something I've been less disciplined with!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Rachox I see you are very organised with listing HbA1c results dates weights... something I've been less disciplined with!
Thank you! I learned from the best, that is, the kind and generous people here :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and well done. Now you know that the NHS view of a healthy diet is what many of us believe to be distinctly unhealthy.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Ignore the outdated and appaling NHS guidelines on diet for diabetics.

Reactions: Caxialoopy

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Caxialoopy welcome to the forum - a good place to get the right help and support.
Wow well done on your impressive numbers after going low carb. It’s particularly impressive when you had been diabetic for a fair few years and started meds and then increasing them - not easy to move it around from that point.
I was going down that road when diagnosed a couple of years ago at hbaca1 of 97 and took tablets and did the official high carb low fat route. It worked to start with but then stopped working despite my best efforts and all figures started creeping up. Thankfully I found the low carb programme last September and then this forum and dietdoctor.com a month or so later. No stopping me now with three stone off and hbaca1 of 33 - and sure will be the same for you too.
Keep asking on forum for any further help, advice and support you need we are all keen to help others in managing their diabetes.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Caxialoopy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Caxialoopy welcome to the forum - a good place to get the right help and support.
Wow well done on your impressive numbers after going low carb. It’s particularly impressive when you had been diabetic for a fair few years and started meds and then increasing them - not easy to move it around from that point.
I was going down that road when diagnosed a couple of years ago at hbaca1 of 97 and took tablets and did the official high carb low fat route. It worked to start with but then stopped working despite my best efforts and all figures started creeping up. Thankfully I found the low carb programme last September and then this forum and dietdoctor.com a month or so later. No stopping me now with three stone off and hbaca1 of 33 - and sure will be the same for you too.
Keep asking on forum for any further help, advice and support you need we are all keen to help others in managing their diabetes.
Thank you Shelley, your numbers are also impressive! Everyone seems very encouraging, glad I finally took the plunge.