What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another unusally high reading of 5.9 this morning -- I just don't know -- maybe increasing insulin resistance due to not working out -- but still a bit afraid of a another relapse -- so, trying to keep the ball low.

@ianpspurs and @Granny_grump_ Thanks for your lovely comments.
@Freema -- Wow, three days in the 5s, wonderful.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another unusally high reading of 5.9 this morning -- I just don't know -- maybe increasing insulin resistance due to not working out -- but still a bit afraid of a another relapse -- so, trying to keep the ball low.
I would suggest taking the resting route for now. Stress will negatively impact bg levels and you have had serious stress with your illness. Batteries need a proper recharge.

Reactions: DJC3

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Extremely late posting today had to take my sister to hospital appointment anyway here goes
BG @ 7.17 was 6.5
BG @ 10.50 before food was 5.6
BG @ 12.50 2 hours after food was 6.2 that's a good result not even an increase of 1
@Freema well done on your BG readings. @ziggy_w your still well in range but don't stress about it you've not been well give your body time to recover and you will get back too your usual BG level. Remember little steps don't try to rush things! Best Wishes K. XX

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Glenmac You are an inspiration - go you!
@Glenmac goodness how time flies it only seems such a short time since you were having the cast on,anyway well done you you'll soon be up and running around, Just watch the veg skins! K

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
17.5 this morning! Forgot to bolus for Horlicks before bed grrrr

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Extremely late posting today had to take my sister to hospital appointment anyway here goes
BG @ 7.17 was 6.5
BG @ 10.50 before food was 5.6
BG @ 12.50 2 hours after food was 6.2 that's a good result not even an increase of 1
@Freema well done on your BG readings. @ziggy_w your still well in range but don't stress about it you've not been well give your body time to recover and you will get back too your usual BG level. Remember little steps don't try to rush things! Best Wishes K. XX

thank you it seems to me the blood glucose numbers raise a bit or fall a bit for no apparent reason... in my case I have been relaxing a lot and have had days of off my fitness regimen .. and have been eating a few easter treats and even had lower numbers in spite of that... I think ones individual biology have some rythm varying over time.. independantly of food choices too.. but still the most important to a low average blood glucose will always be the low carb choices and ones rutine of exercise

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have beem relaxing a lot and have had days of off my fitness regimen .. and have been eating a few easter treats and even had lower numbers in spite of that...
May I suggest rather than in spite of these changes it may be because of these changes. Even top athletes take time out and often come back much better for the change and rest.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May I suggest rather than in spite of these changes it may be because of these changes. Even top athletes take time out and often come back much better for the change and rest.

yes, :)You are right about that... it is also unbearable if one can not have a holiday off sometimes along the road... just to keep up spirit and have the drive for fighting this disease/condition
images (10).jpg

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gonna ask if I can come off sitagliptin today - I think she will want me to wait till I’m stable and in normal range all the time, but my bs readings show a consistent decline so fingers crossed.

Weeeeellll it was a long shot , and obviously toooo tooo early. But she was pleased with my numbers.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs and @Granny_grump_ Thanks for your encouraging comments,most of the time I can be upbeat,but catch me at the end of the day not so great,quite grumpy.This has been the longest five weeks I remember.Having a sense of humour has helped!Chatting to a grandson home from uni and about to go snow boarding had us laughing..Hes going to enjoy telling his mates I've got a snow boarding type injury.......but from an onion skin!
Just to put all my BS readings in perspective,when the paramedics arrived with the ambulance about two hours after the fall they took a reading and I was in the 6s.They commented that that was an excellent reading despite the trauma,and similar comments were made at the hospital.
Glad your leg is healing Granny grump I am sure the low carb diet has been a great help to the two of us.

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.9 this morning @6:00 am. 5.0@ 10:30am.
I have given up on the low carb as of yesterday. Everything from my blood work last week has gone in the wrong direction. Low carbing for months hasn’t seen any weight loss or better bg’s.
I’m not having a carbfest just going back to the way I ate in 2015 when all my health markers were pretty much perfect.