First Review

Trippyarsenal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In October 2017 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, High Cholesterol and clinically obese.......... I was put on metformin 1x500mg per day and a low dose of Losartan.

I also have a bulging disc so exercise is a problem ( hence weight gain ) but have found walking football has been really good for me.

Whilst it wasn’t a shock to be diagnosed as such as I had ballooned to nearly 22 stone it gave me a kick up the back side, my first point of call was this forum which led me into adopting a low carb diet, I haven’t posted before but did use the words of others for inspiration and so I want to pass my results on incase it can help others - I have to say I’ve never eaten so well and not had any periods of hunger etc

Anyway I went for my first check up today and the results have blown me away

HbA1c - Down from 50 to 39
Weight Loss - 3 stone 12lbs
Waistline - Loss of 7 inches
Blood pressure -120/74
Cholesterol - 7.9 down to 5.1

To say I’m over the moon is an understatement and I realise the hard work starts now as I need to continue the weight loss and increase my fitness but I’ve proved to myself with the right attitude anything is possible.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. That is a fantastic change. All round!
Sometimes people get temporarily raised cholesterol, but you hit that jackpot too.

WELL DONE!!!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In October 2017 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, High Cholesterol and clinically obese.......... I was put on metformin 1x500mg per day and a low dose of Losartan.

I also have a bulging disc so exercise is a problem ( hence weight gain ) but have found walking football has been really good for me.

Whilst it wasn’t a shock to be diagnosed as such as I had ballooned to nearly 22 stone it gave me a kick up the back side, my first point of call was this forum which led me into adopting a low carb diet, I haven’t posted before but did use the words of others for inspiration and so I want to pass my results on incase it can help others - I have to say I’ve never eaten so well and not had any periods of hunger etc

Anyway I went for my first check up today and the results have blown me away

HbA1c - Down from 50 to 39
Weight Loss - 3 stone 12lbs
Waistline - Loss of 7 inches
Blood pressure -120/74
Cholesterol - 7.9 down to 5.1

To say I’m over the moon is an understatement and I realise the hard work starts now as I need to continue the weight loss and increase my fitness but I’ve proved to myself with the right attitude anything is possible.
That is truly astonishing, would you mind sharing what you eat, we all love hearing that.

Reactions: ziggy_w and Prem51

Trippyarsenal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is truly astonishing, would you mind sharing what you eat, we all love hearing that.

ffbf9d3f6ddfeff8ca8ee0d96f7ecb3d.jpg

This is one of my faves, Turkish Shakush which I can have for breakfast/lunch or as a dinner

Reactions: Concordjan

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
@Trippyarsenal - what a stonking result! Congratulations! Love your food pix too. Shakshuka is one of my favourites when I fancy a change from bacon and eggs.

Trippyarsenal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers for the comments, still buzzing today as I walked into work and told them I was off the Metformin tablets. As I’m a train driver diabetes is a big problem so it was good to stroll in and give them the good news.

I’ve celebrated tonight with a Chorizo and Cod omelette
b07f9ae4b2adecd6e62d3ed9a0e52ab6.jpg

Reactions: Concordjan