What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@ianpspurs and @Granny_grump_ Thanks for your encouraging comments,most of the time I can be upbeat,but catch me at the end of the day not so great,quite grumpy.This has been the longest five weeks I remember.Having a sense of humour has helped!Chatting to a grandson home from uni and about to go snow boarding had us laughing..Hes going to enjoy telling his mates I've got a snow boarding type injury.......but from an onion skin!
Just to put all my BS readings in perspective,when the paramedics arrived with the ambulance about two hours after the fall they took a reading and I was in the 6s.They commented that that was an excellent reading despite the trauma,and similar comments were made at the hospital.
Glad your leg is healing Granny grump I am sure the low carb diet has been a great help to the two of us.
@Glenmac love the snow boarding accident theme great sense of humour your grandson agree on low carb diet has been very beneficial! Speedy recovery to you! K

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, 8.1 today. Big step backwards but I did not test on waking- in my sleepy state I took my glasses to bed instead of my monitor- so I recon all the activity of rising pushed it up. Let’s see tomorrow. Anybody on hrt? Does it have any effect in bg?

rameshK

Morning all.
A newbie here.:). I have been exploring some of the posts here from last few days and found them very informative. Hope I could contribute my experiences and learn how to manage my Type2 better through this medium.
To cut short I was at 8.3 this morning before meal.
Guilty of lack of exercises lately but I am determined to bring it down. Have done it before so will keep you all posted.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.
A newbie here.:). I have been exploring some of the posts here from last few days and found them very informative. Hope I could contribute my experiences and learn how to manage my Type2 better through this medium.
To cut short I was at 8.3 this morning before meal.
Guilty of lack of exercises lately but I am determined to bring it down. Have done it before so will keep you all posted.
Welcome and please do keep us posted.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning - quite a rise from the last few days and bedtime. 14 day average fbg 5.3 which is the same as running average since March 9th. Would like that to come down by the time of next review which is around my birthday. (3rd week of June)
Maybe all my vital signs are awry. Fitbit claims my HR was 200 on a gentle dog walk but only 95 when doing sprints in a high gear on exercise bike yesterday!:***: Can meters and fitbits be hacked?

Edit: This may be an error as next two were 5.1 and 4.9 and the second reading of the day has not been lower than fasting all year. Still technically fasted but I won't cheat - I will find out in June.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morning ladies gentlemen and those of unsure gender.
An 8.5 from me this morning which is good. Now I can go and practice my plinky plonky ready for my lesson today, Andy Preview would be proud not so Andre Previn. Be good today folks chaos and mayhem are on my agenda also.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wandered tentatively towards my tester. 5.2 after my cuppa ! Does anyone else still get slightly anxious prior to testing. The I hope it’s low, I’ll be gutted if it isn’t feeling !

Every time!
I’ve only been testing a couple of months but wonder ifI’ll still feel the same trepidation after a couple of years?