What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today bit of a weak effort, almost feel sorry for the poor little droplet that could perform no better.
Good morning all. Finally blood sugars are coming down. Hope it holds.5.2 today.
You'll be fine @ziggy_w, you are "made of the right stuff" I am a renowned right stuff hunter:angelic:

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
5.3 today bit of a weak effort, almost feel sorry for the poor little droplet that could perform no better.

You'll be fine @ziggy_w, you are "made of the right stuff" I am a renowned right stuff hunter:angelic:
"Out, damned spot! Out, I say!—One, two, five point three. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky!" But that little droplet won't send you there, you're consistent.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"Out, damned spot! Out, I say!—One, two, five point three. Why, then, ’tis time to do ’t. Hell is murky!" But that little droplet won't send you there, you're consistent.
Why thank you, but it may have been untimely ripped from its finger's womb. Loved the Scottish play for GCE

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A glorious morning from me and my darling BG.
Just for once, I'm going to find my handbag and dance in the kitchen.
4.7 :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
A definite downwards for today at least. I'm going to attribute it to the two glasses of white wine I had with my fish yesterday and have some more today!!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs and @Granny_grump_ Thanks for your encouraging comments,most of the time I can be upbeat,but catch me at the end of the day not so great,quite grumpy.This has been the longest five weeks I remember.Having a sense of humour has helped!Chatting to a grandson home from uni and about to go snow boarding had us laughing..Hes going to enjoy telling his mates I've got a snow boarding type injury.......but from an onion skin!
Just to put all my BS readings in perspective,when the paramedics arrived with the ambulance about two hours after the fall they took a reading and I was in the 6s.They commented that that was an excellent reading despite the trauma,and similar comments were made at the hospital.
Glad your leg is healing Granny grump I am sure the low carb diet has been a great help to the two of us.
Glenmac...been so busy lately... just in & out of this forum the last couple of weeks...so sorry to heart about your unplanned 'snow boarding' accident;...ouch...hope you're well on the way to recovery...yes...agree a sense of humour is a great asset'essential in trying times...take care.

Reactions: Goacher55

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
hey glad you are okay, I really don´t know what difference I have done that has lowered my numbers in the mornings a bit...I think maybe it is due to me taking more vitamin D and a multivitamin pill too and trying to see what reservatol does to me, my father had Alzheimers and I am afraid to end up the same way myself.... and that my sister will too, so read that reservatol is thought to lower the risk of Alzheimers, funnily I also yesterday read that it is thought to lower insuline resistance too... but you know new products are almost always praised to be close to a miracle medication that cures almost every disease one might catch or already have inherited
But now I´ll try taking that for some month and see what change it might lead towards
https://www.drugs.com/resveratrol.html
@Freema at different times in our lives we all reflect on our health and how illnesses our parents have can make us worry about if we too could get what they have, and I have no magic wand to wave these worries you have away. Just try to live each day has it comes and deal with that we have enough to deal with in the here and now you'll just make yourself ill worrying about the what might be. Could your doctor help you with your concerns, perhaps you and your sister could talk to him about all this.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you and hope you get some answers to your worry! Best Wishes K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A glorious morning from me and my darling BG.
Just for once, I'm going to find my handbag and dance in the kitchen.
4.7 :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
A definite downwards for today at least. I'm going to attribute it to the two glasses of white wine I had with my fish yesterday and have some more today!!
You see, re-branding is the way forward. Away with Madam and in with darling BG. You know it makes sense Rodney!

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...been busy working...hooray...may be able to eat this month:)...woke to a 5.9...I blame those delicious mini Easter eggs...ate them yesterday afternoon:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:...yesterday evening...and before bed...consigned the rest to the dustbin...honest.