ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow! Wow! I am so so flattered! :happy: Thank you for your votes of confidence in me @Sue192 , @bulkbiker and @bluetit . I still feel like a beginner in this Diabetes lark, but it is actually a whole year next month :wideyed: I do have moderating experience on a Facebook page for another health issue of mine, so I’d be happy to take on the role IF I get voted in, but I’ll still be tagging the ‘grumpy gang’ if I get stuck with advice!
(Just on a technical point, can it all be done via iPad or iPhone via the website? My laptop is all but defunked and I don’t get on with the app!)
:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would more thinking that some people (including me) would be happy to get sms message at the times I choose, even when I am not online and often be able to respond by going on-line.

But if I could think of any trusted member from Australia I would be nominating them.

@ringi , It's not just bat signals, spam & disagreements..

Could we please stay on the subject of nominating candidates for the mod election... ;)

Reactions: Grannypat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If I wasn't looking into improving my insomnia I'd ask to be the nocturnal mod. Ha ha
Any other insomniacs wishing to do night shift or insomniac Aussies, Kiwis, Americans or our friends from Thailand wanting day shift?
Presuming there is a night shift, of course.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Can I nominate EVERYONE?

I see you as all equal.

How can a sister choose between her brothers and sisters?
Brothers and sisters who give so much!

I cannot choose but if @Rachox and @bulkbiker would like my type2 vote, they can have it. ;)

Reactions: Books1

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't been long into my diagnoses but you have all been very supportive to me when I have posted asking for advice etc. I would like to nominate Rachox, who in my opinion is always available to answer any posts and others, with compassion and knowledge used from her own experience, and has done extremely well in reversing her type 2 diabetes. I also think Bulkier would be a good moderator (although, as he has stated, can be quite self-opinionated :eek: )but sometimes it's maybe what people need to hear and also he is very passionate and motivated to stay in remission which keeps me motivated to keep going.

Reactions: ickihun and rom35
D

Deleted member 308541

But if I could think of any trusted member from Australia I would be nominating them.
I have done enough forum moderation over the last 15 years, that i would not take anything on again.

I would nominate @Mike D as the Australian rep.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks to @Bluetit1802 and @Rachox for the kind nominations but I am completely without the skills of knowledge and diplomacy needed to make a good moderator so must respectfully decline. I appreciate the thoughts, though.

I would like to nominate @NicoleC1971 and @Indy51 for their sound background knowledge and no nonsense approaches on this forum.
Thanks for the nomination, but I don't have the time, temperament or inclination for the task - I'm a signed up member of the old and grumpy club ;)

Reactions: Books1 and Biggles2

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I have done enough forum moderation over the last 15 years, that i would not take anything on again.

I would nominate @Mike D as the Australian rep.

Thanks @Tipetoo If it was just wiping out spam, then yes. Anything else, not really up for it, unless of course it was outright blatant scam ... and haven't we seen enough of those in recent times. I don't tolerate either too well. But the caveat would be only when the UK is fast asleep and then, I'd bow out and pass the baton.

Reactions: Sue192 and Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Tipetoo If it was just wiping out spam, then yes. Anything else, not really up for it, unless of course it was outright blatant scam ... and haven't we seen enough of those in recent times. I don't tolerate either too well. But the caveat would be only when the UK is fast asleep and then, I'd bow out and pass the baton.

@Mike D We are a global comunity.

Do you formally accept candidacy in the mod election? :)

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Can I please nominate @Bluetit1802 and @bulkbiker , two people who’ve helped me immensely since my diagnosis 11 months ago? Both have a huge wealth of knowledge to impart about all aspects of type 2. They both provide advice in a no nonsense, clear and down to earth way, with no drama and a reassuring manner.
I second both those nominations

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wow! Wow! I am so so flattered! :happy: Thank you for your votes of confidence in me @Sue192 , @bulkbiker and @bluetit . I still feel like a beginner in this Diabetes lark, but it is actually a whole year next month :wideyed: I do have moderating experience on a Facebook page for another health issue of mine, so I’d be happy to take on the role IF I get voted in, but I’ll still be tagging the ‘grumpy gang’ if I get stuck with advice!
(Just on a technical point, can it all be done via iPad or iPhone via the website? My laptop is all but defunked and I don’t get on with the app!)
I think you would be a good choice as well.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I’d like to nominate @donnellysdogs, although I’m Type 2, I still read the type 1 posts and now the retired nurse in me realises how lacking our education in Diabetes of all types was. I see donnellysdogs advising in a very informed and level headed manner, I’m sure those qualities would make her an excellent moderator.
We have another nurse on the forum who gives trusted advice but since I'm a relative newbie, can't remember her name. I'll look around and see if I can find her.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We have another nurse on the forum who gives trusted advice but since I'm a relative newbie, can't remember her name. I'll look around and see if I can find her.
I nominate @wiflib, retired midwife. She's very knowledgeable.

Reactions: Guzzler

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Please remove me, as after my husbands death I cant be impartial at all. I am fighting the NHS and really haven't time or patience to do the role of a mod justice.

Wishing well to other nominated persons and all those finding time to moderate currently.

Reactions: Ledzeptt
Status
Not open for further replies.