Pharmacy 2u

Biekmas83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So signed up to Pharmacy2u. Received all the repeat information from the Drs and put my first order in..... Then the good news stopped!

After 5 days the order was still with the Dr's. So i emailed them to ask if they had chased it, to get a response that said. It is ready in the Dr's for you to collect and take to the Pharmacy!!!

I might have overlooked the service but i through the point was they did all that, it seems not. I can easily do my own repeats and take to the chemist, but thought i would try this service without any joy. The worst part is that i had to email them to find out that it was in the Drs to collect, they never even told me!!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
So signed up to Pharmacy2u. Received all the repeat information from the Drs and put my first order in..... Then the good news stopped!

After 5 days the order was still with the Dr's. So i emailed them to ask if they had chased it, to get a response that said. It is ready in the Dr's for you to collect and take to the Pharmacy!!!

I might have overlooked the service but i through the point was they did all that, it seems not. I can easily do my own repeats and take to the chemist, but thought i would try this service without any joy. The worst part is that i had to email them to find out that it was in the Drs to collect, they never even told me!!
It doesn't sound worth it. I get my repeats online with my health centre. I order, they send it to the local chemist, I collect. Simple and effective and not middle man. I wonder if they charge the NHS anything for this magic service.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do the same as @SueJB . My local pharmacy is lovely, they even delivered my meds to my house when I mentioned I was on crutches after Xmas, even though hubby was going to go and get them :happy:

Reactions: porl69

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
That's weird, I've been using Pharmacy2U for a few years now and had absolutely no issues. You're right though, the whole point of the service is so you don't have to do that!

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It doesn't sound worth it. I get my repeats online with my health centre. I order, they send it to the local chemist, I collect. Simple and effective and not middle man. I wonder if they charge the NHS anything for this magic service.
Same here. More convenient.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
"
NHS repeat prescriptions
without leaving your home,
with FREE delivery

"
That is from the front page of the web site.

A stiff letter on cardboard to the complaints department is called for!

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I received a letter which had obviously been made to look like a hospital appointment letter as it had an NHS logo on the envelope. This was just a Phamacy2U letter which looked like it had come from my GP's surgery as it even had the surgery's address on it. The letter suggested I change to them.

I checking this company out, they have previously been fined for selling patient details to third party companies so they are definitely not someone I want to deal with!
https://www.pharmaceutical-journal....000-for-selling-patient-data/20069579.article

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I received a letter which had obviously been made to look like a hospital appointment letter as it had an NHS logo on the envelope. This was just a Phamacy2U letter which looked like it had come from my GP's surgery as it even had the surgery's address on it. The letter suggested I change to them.

I checking this company out, they have previously been fined for selling patient details to third party companies so they are definitely not someone I want to deal with!
https://www.pharmaceutical-journal....000-for-selling-patient-data/20069579.article
My local pharmacy has a notice to the effect that Pharmacy2U is not an NHS service and it is the supply of NHS prescriptions that makes the rest of the pharmacy's services viable.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My local pharmacy has a notice to the effect that Pharmacy2U is not an NHS service and it is the supply of NHS prescriptions that makes the rest of the pharmacy's services viable.
I recently had a letter from my surgery (which has its own pharmacy/dispensary) sent with my repeat prescription containing similar information.

Robbity

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
A few months down the line, my surgery will no longer send my prescription to Pharmacy2U meaning I'm now stuck without my epilepsy medication for the foreseeable future.

It seems like more and more surgeries are doing this.