Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Dear @heh, I need to take my elderly father's advice and not answer the door to anybody or ask my Carers or Care Providers to text me when they come to visit me and are downstairs ringing at my communal door. Max can be ver abusive and his shouting and swearing frightens and shocks me plus his unpredictability due to his excessive drinking and mind-altering intoxication. I shall email my care coordinator about this matter, @heh.

Reactions: ickihun and heh

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron has been to see gp this afternoon . He has been put on pregabalin 25mg capsules. We also had repeat prescriptions to pick up. This is when the headache started . It wasn't at chemist so went back to surgery they said It had been sent over on Wednesday . Chemist hadn't got it , so the assistant in chemist went over to surgery and got them to do a repeat prescription so after waiting half an hour we finally get it . Came home to find one of the medications missing yet it was put on the prescription. Anyone want a bad head .... you can have mine .

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear @heh, I need to take my elderly father's advice and not answer the door to anybody or ask my Carers or Care Providers to text me when they come to visit me and are downstairs ringing at my communal door. Max can be ver abusive and his shouting and swearing frightens and shocks me plus his unpredictability due to his excessive drinking and mind-altering intoxication. I shall email my care coordinator about this matter, @heh.
I think your father's advice is excellent, don't answer the door, he is taking advantage of you and I think your friend Matthew was not the best of friends when he introduced this man to your life. Sorry, I am angry on your behalf.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Dear Friends on the Type 2 Life Thread,

I ignored the intercom ringing yesterday evening and this morning very well. My Dad, who is 87-years-of-age says he's warned me about Matthew and his wife called Claudette but that it doesn't seem to sink in. I'm far too friendly and trust people too much, always seeing the good in them, that's why I leave myself open to financial, emotional and material exploitation/abuse. I'll be happy in supported housing where I am safe because, if I'm honest, I'm not very safe here.

So far, I've eaten nothing whatsoever but I have drunk several mugs of decaf coffee with laughing cow longlife milk and 2 sugars each. My blood glucose, after all those decaf coffees and my morning medication, at 10:41 ante meridian, British Summer Time was 8.9. Yesterday, I ate a bbq chicken deep pan pizza for breakfast, and a spag bol ready meal for lunch and a spag bol ready meal and a bbq chicken deep pan pizza for my tea.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good for you @JohnnyBaker12021970 for ignoring the intercom yesterday.
Do you have a diabetes nurse who can help you with your diet? Can you not swap the sugar for a sweetener, that would be a small change that will help. Alan, my husband, has swapped sugar for hermesetas tabelts in his tea & coffee.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear Friends on the Thread called Type 2 Life,

Due to my autism spectrum disorder called Asperger Syndrome, I have immense difficulty reading people's non-verbal communication, taking jokes and puns literally, understanding people's emotions and displaying emotional reciprocity. Matthew, whom I just spoke to on his telephone at him and his wife Claudette's house, helped me identify this. I read Max all wrong due to my autism spectrum condition. I'm working on this with my CPA care coordinator as well as some of the meltdowns that escalate into ugly verbal temper tantrums in my Adult ADHD. The careworkers in my new supported housing will be able to support me in this, too. Having said that, I don't go around hitting people but I can get very emotional and shout and scream swear words and internalise all the aggression to myself by hand flapping, wrist twitching and banging myself very hard.

But thanks to my cognitive behaviour therapy which included mindfulness and eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing treatment, such "meltdowns" are becoming few and far between. Most of my friends describe me being very passive and submissive and timid and that I have a generous aptitude for helping others and that I would give them my last 1 pound coin if they needed it.

Since my last post I made here, I've eaten one deep pan bbq chicken pizza and just drank a cup of decaf tea and with 2 sugars and laughing cow longlife milk. My blood glucose at 2:27 post meridian, was, a very high 17.9 mmol/L. I have some Sweetex saccharin tablets in my beverages kitchen cupboard and I must use them and knock sugar on the head and try really hard to keep the devil carbs to a minimum.

Reactions: heh and Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Due to my autism spectrum disorder called Asperger Syndrome, I have immense difficulty reading people's non-verbal communication, taking jokes and puns literally, understanding people's emotions and displaying emotional reciprocity. Matthew, whom I just spoke to on his telephone at him and his wife Claudette's house, helped me identify this. I read Max all wrong due to my autism spectrum condition. I'm working on this with my CPA care coordinator as well as some of the meltdowns that escalate into ugly verbal temper tantrums in my Adult ADHD. The careworkers in my new supported housing will be able to support me in this, too. Having said that, I don't go around hitting people but I can get very emotional and shout and scream swear words and internalise all the aggression to myself by hand flapping, wrist twitching and banging myself very hard.

But thanks to my cognitive behaviour therapy which included mindfulness and eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing treatment, such "meltdowns" are becoming few and far between. Most of my friends describe me being very passive and submissive and timid and that I have a generous aptitude for helping others and that I would give them my last 1 pound coin if they needed it.

Since my last post I made here, I've eaten one deep pan bbq chicken pizza and just drank a cup of decaf tea and with 2 sugars and laughing cow longlife milk. My blood glucose at 2:27 post meridian, was, a very high 17.9 mmol/L. I have some Sweetex saccharin tablets in my beverages kitchen cupboard and I must use them and knock sugar on the head and try really hard to keep the devil carbs to a minimum.

Even people who are not on the Autistic spectrum sometimes have difficulty 'reading' other people at times. I am not a great judge of character but this has taught me to be cautious at first of new people. This has backfired a couple of times when after meeting someone new I have heard that they think I am 'standoffish'. Sometimes, we just can't win.

I hope you get into a safer enviroment very soon, the stress alone can affect your Diabetes. Best wishes.

Reactions: heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Johnny don't buy sugar!
Good friends who know your dietary needs will bring their own.
No more sugar buying hun. Buy extra saccharin tablets or similiar powder for cereal.

Ive just read your post.
Keep Max at a distance and don't feel bullied into allowing him in your flat. Your instincts are right.
Don't let anyone blame you for not laughing at their jokes. You are who you are. Friends don't pressure you into accepting less than what you feel comfortable doing.
Max doesn't need to know your new address when you move. Give him a false one. He is coming into your flat for what? Your tea, coffee, money?
Why is max insistent on being in your flat?
Tell your co-ordinator and any aggression from Max then you call the police.
Keeping him out of your flat is preferable.

I have friends local to you Johnny. Rest assured and call the police if any bullying, threatening or aggression towards you.
You don't have to let people in your home. They are there on invite.
The police will make sure Max understands the law. Whether he's drunk or sober!

Message me if any worries. I will keep you right and God help anyone who harms you. I'm here on-line for you. Pm me if anything changes. Please.
Your first port of call is calling police if any aggression from him or his wife. Don't let them in hun.
Please?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Thank you, my dear friends, @ickihun and @Guzzler,

I shall most certainly adopt more vigilance and discernment with whom I invite to my flat as guests. Maybe my instincts are very on-the-ball and accurate, perhaps it is the Holy Spirit warning me, if it is I have to comply with God's will as He really loves and upholds me metaphorically in His loving arms, as all of the lovely Type 2 Life members who have helped me most lovingly and unrequitedly.

I just had a mug of hot decaffeinated tea with Laughing Cow longlife milk and no sugar. My blood glucose just now, 3:23 PM was 15.3 mmol/L.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have just taken a nice, cool shower and washed all over with Radox cool-blue shower gel. I have drunk another smoked glass mug of hot decaffeinated tea, with laughing cow whole long-life milk and no sugar. My blood glucose reading, now, at 4:43 postmeridian was 10.6 millimoles per litre.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi folks
Hope you are all ok.
Alan, OH is waiting for colonoscopy appt. for suspected bowel cancer. It will be the second one he's had.
@JohnnyBaker12021970 when will you find out about your assisted living place?

Have many gone? Why?
Its tough being diabetic. Especially when money is tight. I go off sometimes when cannot buy food as food comes before Internet. Internet is a luxury, still.
Some have their own reasons for leaving. Some have their own reasons for staying once all can be gleemed from experience, is.
I like the company and food suggestions. Maybe I may be helping, in a small way. I guess we all want that.

Reactions: Ragmar and heh

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have just taken a nice, cool shower and washed all over with Radox cool-blue shower gel. I have drunk another smoked glass mug of hot decaffeinated tea, with laughing cow whole long-life milk and no sugar. My blood glucose reading, now, at 4:43 postmeridian was 10.6 millimoles per litre.
Those pizzas will linger in your bgs Johnny. Tomorrow without pizza will be more presentable.
Have you less carby food in? Bacon, eggs, cheese.
Do you run an oven or stick to microwave only?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh! not a Grand National betting winner this year. :(
Anyone's bet come in?

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
didn't bet
Where I grew up we could here the commentary from Aintree Racecourse

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Those pizzas will linger in your bgs Johnny. Tomorrow without pizza will be more presentable.
Have you less carby food in? Bacon, eggs, cheese.
Do you run an oven or stick to microwave only?
Dear, sweet friend, @ickihun, I do have a very adequately functioning stove with an Oven, a Grill and 4 Hobs which is electrical and is made by "Bush" and a very efficient 700 watt microwave oven made by "Cookworks". In my refrigerator section of my fridge-freezer is 1 kilogramme of Sainsbury's Basics Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2 loaves of Sainsbury's Basics white medium-sliced white bread, 7 Sainsbury's Basics Barn Eggs, 1 Container of Clover Margarine, 3 Sainsbury's Basics Spaghetti Bolognese ready meals and in the salad compartment some Sainsbury's Baby Potatoes. In the freezer compartment I have got some Sainsbury's Brussel Sprouts, 1 bag of chicken nuggets, 1/3 bag of Sainsbury's steak-cut oven chips, some Aunt Bessie's frozen roasting potatoes, some Sainsbury's Basics green garden peas, 2 Sainsbury's Basics spaghetti bolognese ready meals, 1 chicken, 1 butterflied lamb leg, 1 piece of gammon, 1 packet of Sainsbury's Basics pork sausages and broccoli florets.

I've just drunk 2 glasses of tap water and orally administered my evening medication. My blood glucose reading, just now was 7.5 millimoles per litre.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear, sweet friend, @ickihun, I do have a very adequately functioning stove with an Oven, a Grill and 4 Hobs which is electrical and is made by "Bush" and a very efficient 700 watt microwave oven made by "Cookworks". In my refrigerator section of my fridge-freezer is 1 kilogramme of Sainsbury's Basics Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2 loaves of Sainsbury's Basics white medium-sliced white bread, 7 Sainsbury's Basics Barn Eggs, 1 Container of Clover Margarine, 3 Sainsbury's Basics Spaghetti Bolognese ready meals and in the salad compartment some Sainsbury's Baby Potatoes. In the freezer compartment I have got some Sainsbury's Brussel Sprouts, 1 bag of chicken nuggets, 1/3 bag of Sainsbury's steak-cut oven chips, some Aunt Bessie's frozen roasting potatoes, some Sainsbury's Basics green garden peas, 2 Sainsbury's Basics spaghetti bolognese ready meals, 1 chicken, 1 butterflied lamb leg, 1 piece of gammon, 1 packet of Sainsbury's Basics pork sausages and broccoli florets.

I've just drunk 2 glasses of tap water and orally administered my evening medication. My blood glucose reading, just now was 7.5 millimoles per litre.
I'm pleased it's coming down. The more water, the more sugar will be peed out.
Don't over drink water as very dangerous thou.
Everything in moderation @JohnnyBaker12021970 ;)

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnnyBaker12021970 Do you like cooking?
Looking at your list of foods you could have sausage, egg and a few oven chips.
A cheese omelette with some baby potatoes.
How about swapping the white bread for wholemeal, it would be better for you.
The chicken, lamb and gammon are all good, you could have a ready meal cauliflower cheese with them. Chicken, sprouts and baby potatoes would be good.

Reactions: Petaluk

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We've got friends coming over for a cheese & wine evening, so lots of cheese for me. Daughter is just pouring me a glass of prosecco :D

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Have treated Ron to fish and chips first time in two years we've had it .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
We've just had fish fingers. Only breadcrumb I won't peel off. Yummy!
I have my peanut butter ready for supper/liver dump tonight. Watching recorded darts.
The excitement from grand national still hanging around and with darts atmosphere it's complimented our sitting in garden few hours well.

My girly slippers arrived yesterday. Just need a few nighties for hospital now. Picked my hospital bag from Ted Baker. Saving slowly for it. Small suitcase.
I refuse to get court out like second birth, he was 5wks early.
At least all self prepared and a booking for bariatric surgery, unlike labour. :) :) :)

Reactions: heh and tina_marie