Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He means had his test strips stopped .
They are out of order, don't you think?
I'm angry for you both.

So how will he know when his sugars are high? Telepathy?
I'm angry because he doesn't even know what's going on. Doesn't he have numb legs etc? They haven't even tested for neuropathy, have they?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I'm angry for you both.

I'm angry because he doesn't even know what's going on. Doesn't he have numb legs etc? They haven't even tested for neuropathy, have they?
It's been stopped because of n.I.c.e. guide lines , because he not on insulin or taking anti diabetes meds called sulphonylureas or on a plan which requires self monitoring . They say your most accurate check is your hba1c . Yes he does have numb legs and feet . I'm furious .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I'm angry for you both.

They did a nerve conduction study test which came back normal , but after reading the other post you tagged me in it has put a whole new light on things , which I will be discussing with gp.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
They did a nerve conduction study test which came back normal , but after reading the other post you tagged me in it has put a whole new light on things , which I will be discussing with gp.
Was it over a year ago?
If so ask for it to be check at Ron's worse times?
Has Ron had a worse hba1c result too, did you say?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Was it over a year ago?
If so ask for it to be check at Ron's worse times?
Has Ron had a worse hba1c result too, did you say?
In October his hba1c had gone up . The nerve study was back in 2016 on request from neurologist .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In October his hba1c had gone up . The nerve study was back in 2016 on request from neurologist .
These are good enough reasons to request another test hun.
Diabetes normally effects the small nerves first, then the large ones.
It cannot be a coincidence that Ron got diagnosed type2 then months later he ends up in a wheelchair due to weakness, numbness and muscles spasms. Surely?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
These are good enough reasons to request another test hun.
Diabetes normally effects the small nerves first, then the large ones.
It cannot be a coincidence that Ron got diagnosed type2 then months later he ends up in a wheelchair due to weakness, numbness and muscles spasms. Surely?
When he was diagnosed T2 I said then that it was more than diabetes , I wished I kept my gob shut .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I think if you press this @tina_marie I cannot see how they can deny a neurology problem.
Neurologists are very thin on the ground, I've heard.
Can Derby hospital show some light?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
When he was diagnosed T2 I said then that it was more than diabetes , I wished I kept my gob shut .
We might be wrong but from that other thread it seems likely diabetes related, eh? My numb toe is much better on a nerve tablet called pregabalin. My balance has improved.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I think if you press this @tina_marie I cannot see how they can deny a neurology problem.
Neurologists are very thin on the ground, I've heard.
Can Derby hospital show some light?
I hope so we're still waiting for that appointment. 5 months Ron's been waiting so far.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
We might be wrong but from that other thread it seems likely diabetes related, eh? My numb toe is much better on a nerve tablet called pregabalin. My balance has improved.
Ron needs his balance sorted . The other thing I've noticed is when I've showered him , his feet turn a beetroot colour . We may be wrong but his health deteriorated very quickly after diagnosis of T2. Wonder if anyone else had the same thing happen to them.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'd even go as far to say once back pain is sorted then I will be able to dump my walking aid.
I just need my back problem sorted out. Then I can improve my diabetic status, for myself much much more.

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Did you say you've chased it up?
No but will be if we're waiting much longer . I want to move as you know . So until we know if it's M.E. moving is on hold .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No but will be if we're waiting much longer . I want to move as you know . So until we know if it's M.E. moving is on hold .
I'm finding recently that most of my hospital appointments once actioned from GP I've been able to call appointments for a date.
Not sure if Derby hospital is the same but worth trying them incase they've lost Ron's GP request. It seems to be easy for things to go wrong in communication, these days. Humf!

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I'm finding recently that most of my hospital appointments once actioned from GP I've been able to call appointments for a date.
Not sure if Derby hospital is the same but worth trying them incase they've lost Ron's GP request. It seems to be easy for things to go wrong in communication, these days. Humf!
He had a call from them last month saying he was on a waiting list as they are inundated with people . They told him then that he should get an appointment by end of March but we've still nothing . Today he's not very mobile as his knee has given way , he's had to put his knee brace on.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
He had a call from them last month saying he was on a waiting list as they are inundated with people . They told him then that he should get an appointment by end of March but we've still nothing . Today he's not very mobile as his knee has given way , he's had to put his knee brace on.
Must be the weather. I woke up soooooo stiff. Like a robot and joints clicking loudly but with help of tramadol and ibuprofen I'm able to move. Loads of walking yesterday to take kids to use their vouchers in Mc Donald's.
We are doing a Easter hunt tomorrow with breakfast thrown in. But a bit walking first to get there.
I'm in far less pain now no snow but someone said snow is due again on Monday.?
Im beginning to hate the winter. :(

Off to conjure up lunch for 4. Hoping the large freezer has something to content them. I have tinned salmon and eggs. Young ones will have eggs so to keep away from too much bread. It may be egg and chips.
I still haven't bought baked beans for months.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Must be the weather. I woke up soooooo stiff. Like a robot and joints clicking loudly but with help of tramadol and ibuprofen I'm able to move. Loads of walking yesterday to take kids to use their vouchers in Mc Donald's.
We are doing a Easter hunt tomorrow with breakfast thrown in. But a bit walking first to get there.
I'm in far less pain now no snow but someone said snow is due again on Monday.?
Im beginning to hate the winter. :(

Off to conjure up lunch for 4. Hoping the large freezer has something to content them. I have tinned salmon and eggs. Young ones will have eggs so to keep away from too much bread. It may be egg and chips.
I still haven't bought baked beans for months.
Ron says he better on tramadol than dihydrocodeine but he's still not sleeping . Last night he stayed in his recliner chair . His left leg is all swollen which is the one he has his skin graph on and the brace .