Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I pull batter off the cod and normal use protein bread without crusts.
Cannot beat a lovely piece of cod. Lovely. :)
He's eaten half of it . Tested before he ate 6.8 will test him again in 15 minutes .

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
@JohnnyBaker12021970 Do you like cooking?
Looking at your list of foods you could have sausage, egg and a few oven chips.
A cheese omelette with some baby potatoes.
How about swapping the white bread for wholemeal, it would be better for you.
The chicken, lamb and gammon are all good, you could have a ready meal cauliflower cheese with them. Chicken, sprouts and baby potatoes would be good.
Good Morning, @heh, and thank you very much indeed, for the meal suggestions and menu planning. It really is very much appreciated by myself and a good utilisation of all the food ingredients in my fridge-freezer. What yummy combinations! I'm going to google omelette recipes and put every food ingredient in low moderation. Moderation is the key!

Just now - 4:02 Ante Meridian, Britsh Summer Time on Sunday 15th April 2018 AD - I've had a smoked glass mug of decaffeinated tea with laughing cow whole long-life milk and no sugar. My fasting blood glucose was 8.3 millimoles per litre.

Reactions: ickihun and heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose reading, now, 5:23 Ante Meridian, British Summer Time, today, Sunday 15th April 2018 Anno Domini, is 9.3 Millimoles Per Litre. It's probably the profusely incessant blasts of the Nicorette QuickMist 1 Milligramme Nicotine Replacement Therapy Oral Sprays, which I've been taking a lot. The Internet advises diabetics using this type of therapy to test their blood glucose more often due to increases in their glycaemic readings. I haven't eaten anything yet but I have had a smoked glass mug of decaffeinated coffee with laughing cow full cream long-life milk and no sugar.

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I am now 134 Days Abstinent from any tobacco misuse product.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Dear, Sweet Friends,

I had a very nasty fall this morning on a loose slab of paving near the library on Wilcox Close and hit the ground very hard and grazed two grazes on my left knee, my left elbow and even now my right-hand side of my chest near my ribs ache. I still went to my religious Christian ceremony meeting but needed my walking cane for support. My dear friend called Ioanna advised me to buy some Baby Wipes to keep it sterile through wiping it until it heals. I got 56 Johnson's Baby Wipes for a gold one pound coin in the Pound Plus shop on South Lambeth Road.

Lots of love with my sincere kind regards,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ooh, hope it's not too sore @JohnnyBaker12021970
Good Morning, @heh, my lovely friend, it's a really sorely excruciating pain in my right-hand side and I believe that the fall has exacerbated my muscular pain caused by wear-and-tear. The grazes on my left knee and left elbow have gone all red so I hope they are not infected. Where I grazed my left elbow, I had a little wart, and it's scabbed over but it's really sore and tender.

Much love in Jesus, @heh.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning, @heh, my lovely friend, it's a really sorely excruciating pain in my right-hand side and I believe that the fall has exacerbated my muscular pain caused by wear-and-tear. The grazes on my left knee and left elbow have gone all red so I hope they are not infected. Where I grazed my left elbow, I had a little wart, and it's scabbed over but it's really sore and tender.

Much love in Jesus, @heh.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome.
Maybe you should see a doctor or nurse and get checked out.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I made an appointment with my a general practitioner yesterday and saw him at 5:40 postmeridian, British Summer Time (Monday 16th April 2018 Anno Domini) and he felt my side and asked me some questions, which I answered honestly and with implicit detail. The doctor diagnosed a muscle sprain. With regards to my grazes, he prescribed some Savlon antiseptic cream, which was exactly the same cream my dear Mum used on my grazes from when I fell over when I was playing when I was a little boy in the 1970's. I found out from http://www.nhs.uk the best treatment for a muscle sprain and opted for an ice pack which I improvised in using a bag of frozen green garden peas wrapped up in a neatly folded tea towel and pressed on the sprain. This, according to the website, should be applied for up to 20 minutes every 2-3 hours.

I'm still not taking granulated sugar in my decaf tea and decaf coffee, but instead, am using Sweetex saccharin tablets in them. About 40 minutes ago I ate 2 slices of cheese on toast and my blood glucose reading, now, at 10:52 Ante Meridian, British Summer Time, was 10.2 Millimoles Per Litre, a bit high due to the carbs in the Basics 45 pence white, medium-sliced bread. I took my Lixisenatide glucagon-like peptide subcutaneous 20 mcg injection and metformin hydrochloride 1000 mg with all my other tablets, too. I'm now 145 days quit from my tobacco misuse addiction/habituation. Awesome!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Dear, Sweet Friends,

I had a very nasty fall this morning on a loose slab of paving near the library on Wilcox Close and hit the ground very hard and grazed two grazes on my left knee, my left elbow and even now my right-hand side of my chest near my ribs ache. I still went to my religious Christian ceremony meeting but needed my walking cane for support. My dear friend called Ioanna advised me to buy some Baby Wipes to keep it sterile through wiping it until it heals. I got 56 Johnson's Baby Wipes for a gold one pound coin in the Pound Plus shop on South Lambeth Road.

Lots of love with my sincere kind regards,

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome xXx.
How are you now @JohnnyBaker12021970?
Were you tired when you fell? Hope sprain is improving.
Ask pharmacy if you can take ibuprofen hun. Same pound shop sells ibuprofen so not too expensive. Mine does 3 packets of 16tablets for £1.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
How are you now @JohnnyBaker12021970?
Were you tired when you fell? Hope sprain is improving.
Ask pharmacy if you can take ibuprofen hun. Same pound shop sells ibuprofen so not too expensive. Mine does 3 packets of 16tablets for £1.
Dear @ickihun, I feel a bit pained at the moment but I've bought some Voltarol cream for the muscle sprain and it's beginning to clear up but the pain is still there, especially when I put pressure on it or get in and out of bed and sit down and bend over when I am sweeping dirt into my dustpan. I wasn't tired when I fell over, I tripped on a loose paving slab on the pavement in my locality. Today I bought a new broom, a new dustpan and brush and an anti-slip bath mat for my shower which is in my bath. Today I've eaten an oven-baked pepperoni deep pan pizza and nothing else.

Sincere kind regards with my best wishes,

Johnny xXx.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@JohnnyBaker12021970

I have noticed that you like your pizzas and was wondering if you have tried a Fathead Pizza which is a home made, low carbohydrate alternative. In my opinion it is nicer than the shop bought type. Perhaps when you get to move into an assisted living enviroment you could look into trying some lower carb recipes?
Glad that your fall caused no major damage and hope you get well soon.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
@JohnnyBaker12021970

I have noticed that you like your pizzas and was wondering if you have tried a Fathead Pizza which is a home made, low carbohydrate alternative. In my opinion it is nicer than the shop bought type. Perhaps when you get to move into an assisted living enviroment you could look into trying some lower carb recipes?
Glad that your fall caused no major damage and hope you get well soon.
Dear @Guzzler, I absolutely adore my Pizzas! They're nice and crispy and the Mozzarella cheese is a lovely flavour, too, as well as the pepperoni. I also like Sainsbury's Barbecue Chicken deep pan pizzas which cost £1.30 new pence in the regular, not local, Sainsbury's. I'll look out for the Fathead Pizzas, they sound awesome! And diabetes friendly, too! I'm seeing a dietitian tomorrow at midday so that'll be good. Blessings to you, @Guzzler.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Dear @Guzzler, I absolutely adore my Pizzas! They're nice and crispy and the Mozzarella cheese is a lovely flavour, too, as well as the pepperoni. I also like Sainsbury's Barbecue Chicken deep pan pizzas which cost £1.30 new pence in the regular, not local, Sainsbury's. I'll look out for the Fathead Pizzas, they sound awesome! And diabetes friendly, too! I'm seeing a dietitian tomorrow at midday so that'll be good. Blessings to you, @Guzzler.

Sorry, you cannot buy Fathead Pizza (as far as I am aware). The great thing is that when you make it at home you can put more of your favourite toppings on it. I love it with lots of German salami. Yum Yum.
Enjoy the rest of your evening, Johnny.