Team Fasting Efforts on this site

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Hi Peeps, just wondering if any people on here have got together and attempted to fast together and give each other support as a group therapy session!

I know it is done on other sites, I feel at home here however....

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a great idea.. when were you thinking of starting? I've got duck breasts in the fridge that need eating up tomorrow so I can't join you until after those... how long were you thinking of going?

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Oh dear I have really dropped myself in it now.... ha ha ha

As a group lets say 2 days....with effort to get to 3.... as a first trial. We will all have different times we eat... I try and eat at 5-6pm and will fast after that......

so lets start on a Tuesday..... see if we can get a group together.. what do you think that gives people 36 hrs or so to join us

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK lets go for it! I haven't extended fasted for a while so need to get that muscle exercised!
Edit to add I think we just let people do whatever kind of fast they want ( e.g. I'll still be having tea with lactofree and coffee with cream)

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Very good. I think people should do 'whatever way' they want to do it. Its not a competition and we are not hunger strikers!
People can do as many cals as they seem fit for their own bodies. As a group it would be good to have some chat and support.
I dont really know people on here so Im sure you do, if you want to invite everyone as TEAMFAST!

I will do a water fast as its easier for me as I dont have to think about it too much.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m in. When are we starting? I did 10 days last time.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I’m in. When are we starting? I did 10 days last time.
10 days..show off lol

We are starting Tuesday...... I will eat Tuesday evening at 6/7pm then we are off. We can all start at different times to allow us to make is personalised.

Should we open a new forum room thingy on Tuesday for the fasters? Use this post to recruit people until then?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10 days..show off lol

We are starting Tuesday...... I will eat Tuesday evening at 6/7pm then we are off. We can all start at different times to allow us to make is personalised.

Should we open a new forum room thingy on Tuesday for the fasters? Use this post to recruit people until then?

I think a catchy title would draw a few more in.

I only eat once a day, and sometimes forget to do that so fasting is not too difficult for me, I’ve done a few and most have been around 4 days.

Occasionally I get a hungry day and I eat loads, I’m guessing it’s a refuelling need for my body.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m in. May have to rethink my Wednesday Ocado delivery!

Edited to say would love to do a water only fast, but didn’t make my last 48 hour attempt, so will give myself permission to have tea with cream to see if I can at least get to 48 hours. Baby steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Does fasting include supplements or with supplements?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey, good luck everyone! I shall cheer from the sidelines and continue with my variable IF short eatingwindow, :D

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Starting tomorrow or Wednesday?

I'm capable but I know when no longer fasting I become more IR. Am I tempting fate to even worse IR if I don't keep fasting as a routine?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Will have to take Iron and vitd3 supplements and painkillers. Won't need tummy ibs meds thou. I guess the silver lining.
Shame I couldnt stop proton pump inhibitor too. Won't risk it. Will still take it.
Ibuprofen tablets sugar may sabotage it? Do I still do basal insulin that day? I'd better, if I don't want double numbers. Even without food. I'm sure my basal insulin is giving me less than 24hr cover, as it should.

Looking forward to seeing my meter variation from not fasting. :)

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Starting tomorrow or Wednesday?

I'm capable but I know when no longer fasting I become more IR. Am I tempting fate to even worse IR if I don't keep fasting as a routine?

I'm following @rab5 and starting after dinner on Tuesday.

Reactions: ickihun

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck to everyone doing this. I've found fasting very useful at times but can't really do it while doing my job, so I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

I look forward to seeing the quality of the spelling and grammar from fasting posters deteriorate as the hours go by :)

By day 3 I'm pretty sure my posts would look like fdhksgladhsgflhgasfvwelyl.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck everyone...I wish I was brave enough to try it..it might help my FBs. Another time. Great idea for support group though.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm another cheering from the sidelines. It is not my cuppa at all, but I wish you all well and I'll think of you when I tuck in to my dinner. :)

@ickihun what about your insulin?

Reactions: Goonergal

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm another cheering from the sidelines. It is not my cuppa at all, but I wish you all well and I'll think of you when I tuck in to my dinner. :)

@ickihun what about your insulin?
I can take basal insulin and not on metformin at mo. Monitor every few hours at times normally meal times especially and if any double bgs I will have to take novarapid to correct but less than my normal 40-45units I do now in metformin support absence.
I'd have to monitor heavily to see how it's going.
If even more insulin to control then I'd have to abort. No point as just would be feeding IR.

Reactions: Bluetit1802