Aargh. Pump meeting didn't go as planned

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
My diabetic team held the monthly pump meeting last Wednesday. Not been put up for a pump...as yet...been told that I will need to be prescribed the freestyle libre 1st (was prescribed that in Feb) and I am being put on Fiasp insulin 1st AND have been put under a different consultant....who happens to be the pump consultant. Maybe I am on the first stages of being considered for a pump. Not the news I wanted today but it's the first steps of, I feel, a long road to get the pump

Reactions: Kevin259

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Surely the move to pump consultant is a positive? Hope so.

Reactions: porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Don’t feel down @porl69 it will happen but just keep pushing for it at every opportunity - in fact just keep making a nuisance of yourself, it’s easy to feel that you’ve missed an opportunity but your time will come :)

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Personally i don't know how the BG control problem can be truly understood without using a CGM, hence I think they are being very sensible with NHS funds.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetic team held the monthly pump meeting last Wednesday. Not been put up for a pump...as yet...been told that I will need to be prescribed the freestyle libre 1st (was prescribed that in Feb) and I am being put on Fiasp insulin 1st AND have been put under a different consultant....who happens to be the pump consultant. Maybe I am on the first stages of being considered for a pump. Not the news I wanted today but it's the first steps of, I feel, a long road to get the pump

If I could put a positive spin on it> If you are now to see "the pump man", you're going to be in front of the head honcho/grand frommage each time you go to clinic. It can't be a bad thing to have his ear, can it?

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
If I could put a positive spin on it> If you are now to see "the pump man", you're going to be in front of the head honcho/grand frommage each time you go to clinic. It can't be a bad thing to have his ear, can it?
Yeah I have to agree. At least I am going in the right direction

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Don’t feel down @porl69 it will happen but just keep pushing for it at every opportunity - in fact just keep making a nuisance of yourself, it’s easy to feel that you’ve missed an opportunity but your time will come :)
I think my diabetes team now know I am pushing for the pump. Being transferred to the pump consultant is a positive step forward

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Personally i don't know how the BG control problem can be truly understood without using a CGM, hence I think they are being very sensible with NHS funds.
Do they fund any cgms other than the libre?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Some do, but there has to be a case made.

D

Deleted Account

I think it's good news.
Sure, the NHS move slower than we'd like but sounds like you are on the right track and you have the Libre on prescription which is waaaaay more than many people.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Do they fund any cgms other than the libre?

No point unless alarms or auto stop of a pump is needed. They will fund a LOT if it keeps someome out of A&E who used to visit (var 999) most weeks.

Most years my wife is asked for a list of the 100 people who cost their A&E the most, so that an inproviding project can be done seeing what can be leant from them. (Mental health seems to be the common factor.)