What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning Diabetes Massive. 5.4 this morning - a repair process underway hopefully. @Goonergal phenomenal readings coming through now - you're now different gwavy! @DJC3 was there no red to hand? @JohnEGreen, great start and hope the tree pollen dissipates asap. @karen8967 good fbg and I love that you have started a goodnight trend. @Canvaspic The hunger will pass but the diabetes remains so you are on the right road. Finally, good morning to @Mick1959, @geefull, @dogslife, @Granny_grump, @ziggy_w @Prem51 , @alf_Josiah (Hee Hee ™ ) @SueJB, @Polgara and anyone else on here who enriches my very soul! Edit: That includes you @Freema! and this starts to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech!

Last edited:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Snap Prem51

Not sure how this happened, seems Chablis is inferior to red wine in helping bring down fbg.

Well unless you try all types of reds, then the reds, then the different vintages and then different vineyards, how will you ever find the one that provides the best results

"In vino veritas"

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, 5.0 today.
Stock check yesterday, spurred by this fine thread; down to last 5 bottles of red, 2 of white but still a handsome array of scotch in various levels. Said a fond fairwell to a lovely Nikka single malt last night that I have had great pleasure in sipping over the past year or so :)
Best get some panic buying sorted :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening folks and folkess. Late start for me today.
A gentle 7.9 from me this morning.
For me today I have things to do , places to go and people to annoy hehehehe
Have a good one Ladies and Gentlemen.
xxx

Last edited:

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We may need to rename this thread to Bacchus and his pards ride again!:happy:
Cf verses 2 and 4 https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44479/ode-to-a-nightingale

Loved this in A Level English! Am I a bad person for enjoying reading about a consumptive wanting to slip away with no pain?

I prefer Burns :)

"Let other poets raise a fracas
"Bout vines, an' wines, an' drucken Bacchus,
An' crabbit names an'stories wrack us,
An' grate our lug:
I sing the juice Scotch bear can mak us,
In glass or jug.

In full - http://www.robertburns.org/works/84.shtml

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We may need to rename this thread to Bacchus and his pards ride again!:happy:
Cf verses 2 and 4 https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44479/ode-to-a-nightingale

Loved this in A Level English! Am I a bad person for enjoying reading about a consumptive wanting to slip away with no pain?

I’ve decided to absolve the Chablis of all blame re the high fbg.
It was probably more to do with lack of exercise yesterday, and the fact I forgot to take metformin.
Will give the much maligned bottle another go tonight after some energetic spring cleaning.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
See post above!

To my shame I’ve never read that poem: I did science A levels, not that that’s any excuse. It’s lovely.

Funny that consumption sounds romantic yet Tb just sounds horrible.
I’ve spent many years working in a Tb lab, and though he wouldn’t have known it at the time, these lines are quite appropriate

“And haply the Queen-Moon is on her throne,
Cluster'd around by all her starry Fays; “

When examining sputum smears for the presence of tubercle bacilli using fluorescence microscopy, they shine like golden stars in the night sky!
Quite amazing to look at.