What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Got a breast screening today, for all u guys: imagine having your nether regions squashed between to heavy steel plates for longer than is comfortable- @JohnEGreen. And to every body else a great day x

Hmmm I didn't think this was that type of forum. Thanks for the idea I shall add it to my Christmas list.....

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must be the odd one out (there's always one), my bg this morning is 5.8 and I'm 48 hours(ish) into my fast.

I'm in a right cranky mood this morning :wacky:;)

Hey it is actually a fine number for one very resently diagnosed, you are doing the right things your numbers are in the normal area, and those you compare with have been doing low carb for years maybe , it takes time to exhaust the liver from its producing glucose

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey it is actually a fine number for one very resently diagnosed, you are doing the right things your numbers are in the normal area, and those you compare with have been doing low carb for years maybe , it tales time to exhaust the liver from its producing glucose

Thanks, I was feeling a bit panicky :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning Diabetes Massive. It is a bright sunny day here in the fens. 5.2 this morning so control of a kind.
Firstly. @Goonergal has set the standard very high so a challenge lies ahead for me. @HarrisonK your numbers are amazing for the stage you are at and by doing this you are laying strong foundations for the future. No building lasts without good foundations and many take a long time to get out of the ground. @Mbaker you continue to inspire me and as Frampton said show me the way! I hung out with the cool kids for 24 hrs and learned loads (who knew about the GKI) so I am up for a proper trial once I resolve 2 issues.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Troubled1 And we complain because it persistently pours down,don't think we have much to complain about do you.
By the way this week the sunshine has returned and it's a beautiful morning wish you could get some of this spring day weather! K

Oh Alf I was standing in the kitchen after I posted and thought “ oh my god WHY did I post that!!!! “ I think the Americans call it TMI

Reactions: DJC3 and Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Alf I was standing in the kitchen after I posted and thought “ oh my god WHY did I post that!!!! “ I think the Americans call it TMI
Nope @flexi06 good points you made. We lost my sister in law way too early to breast cancer; my mum had it and my mother in law had it but has survived nearly 40 years and is going strong. Anyhow, @alf_Josiah (Hee Hee™) probably read it as breast screemingo_O

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.1 great. I still cant string 2 days together with all 5s ( 2 hours post meal ) . Almost any food in the late afternoon/evening results in a 7 before bed. So thats my current diet/regiem, ie to find the balance of calories/ carbs excercise and food timing that keeps my BG in 5s all day.
Have a good one.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Canvaspic,

Have you tried having two meals a day, one in the morning and one later in the evening? It might be worthwhile experimenting.

Regardless, your blood sugar results are great. Really well done.

Reactions: DJC3 and Mick1959

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Canvaspic,

Have you tried having two meals a day, one in the morning and one later in the evening? It might be worthwhile experimenting.

Regardless, your blood sugar results are great. Really well done.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.
I have managed 2 meals a few times. Its difficult, I shall try it today and report back.
My BS are good. The MySugr app on my phone gives me an estimated hba1c of 33, vs the blood test done last year of 38. So neither number is particularly troublesome. The reson for the big effort, is to fight off an infection i have for the past couple of years. I want to keep my numbers as close to “normal” for 2 months to see if i can effect a change.