Bad news Update

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@daisyduck when will the surgery be? Sending you all the positive vibes I can x

It takes a while to set up all the pre op stuff and then there is a 4 week wait. If I have it done there still has to be no spread, or they can't do it. so I told them to arrange it now but that I still might change my mind. He was fine with that and said to give them at least a weeks notice as he didn't want me hopping off the operating table on the day.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good for you, @daisyduck for giving them the go-ahead to get the ball rolling. Such a huge decision to make, especially when you know what lies ahead with already having gone through the protocol. Thoughts and prayers are with you as you anticipate this next challenge.....trust your family will be supportive and loving in whatever you decision you ultimately make....your attitude is tremendous and I'm sure there will be days when you may not feel quite so brave and positive, and that is okay.....we are only human at best and don't always have to be smiling and full of mirth....reality sinks in a the oddest moments, and can send us for a bit of a loop. But, you have done tremendously well with your lifestyle changes and your attitude is wonderful, so we are all cheering you on....Blessings/L

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Will be thinking of you.. xx
The waiting time too can be such an anxious time as well.
I personally think that diet does play a huge part.. the top Oncologist Prof Robert Thomas (google him) says it does. He clearly stating nowadays about foods NOT to eat for breakfast, and more.. do have a look at pomi-t capsules, which he has done a lot of research on...
Thinking of you. Xx

Reactions: Biggles2 and Freema

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eeek Things moving really quickly . Telephone call today giving pre op dates and wanted me to have the op on 21st May. Next available date is 11th June. Hubby wants me to do the early one.. feeling sick now !

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Eeek Things moving really quickly . Telephone call today giving pre op dates and wanted me to have the op on 21st May. Next available date is 11th June. Hubby wants me to do the early one.. feeling sick now !

I can imagine how you feel, but the sooner the better. More chance of success, and less time to worry. I wish you all the luck in the world. x

Reactions: daisyduck

Biggles2

I can imagine how you feel, but the sooner the better. More chance of success, and less time to worry. I wish you all the luck in the world. x
@daisyduck I agree with @Bluetit1802 - the sooner the better. You will be well into your recovery by June 11th if you have the surgery on May 21st - and you will spare yourself the 3 additional weeks of worry. I wish you the best too, xx

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Daisy

If they are trying surgery, then there is hope. Best of luck to you.

Yes, that's true. They can only do the surgery if there is no spread, and so far there isn't.
Operation booked for the 21st may and I'm feeling sick with nerves !

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @daisyduck What a mixture of emotions you must be feeling.
The sooner the better for all the reasons stated above, and like @singsteve says it’s really promising that they are keen on surgery.
I’ve got fingers and everything crossed for you and I hope the next 3 weeks pass quickly and uneventfully.

Reactions: daisyduck

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fingers, legs and eyes crossed that all goes well and you have a very speedy recovery, lass. Take it steady.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all your good wishes everyone.
Operation confirmed today. It will be on the 21st May.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
All the best, Daisy. xx