I'm doing an Irish jig as hba1c down to 37 today from 62 on 8th December 2017

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did your doctor or diabetic team say you’re now on remission?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Did your doctor or diabetic team say you’re now on remission?
I last went to surgery to see my DN 16 Feb when my a1c was down from 62 to 47. I'm due to have my bloods taken 10th May and booked to see DN with results 16th. But my home test kit a1c now confirms it's down from 47 to 44 to 42 and this week to 37!!! Not sure if they will yet class me as in remission as it appears Drs surgeries deal differently! One thing I do know is that I won't have to take meds! I'm feeling really happy. Thanks to people like you.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I last went to surgery to see my DN 16 Feb when my a1c was down from 62 to 47. I'm due to have my bloods taken 10th May and booked to see DN with results 16th. But my home test kit a1c now confirms it's down from 47 to 44 to 42 and this week to 37!!! Not sure if they will yet class me as in remission as it appears Drs surgeries deal differently! One thing I do know is that I won't have to take meds! I'm feeling really happy. Thanks to people like you.

I’m curious to know which home test kit do you use to measure HBA1C and is it accurate?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m curious to know which home test kit do you use to measure HBA1C and is it accurate?
I will know if the a1cnow kit is accurate after my bloods are taken 10th May and will report back :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I will know if the a1cnow kit is accurate after my bloods are taken 10th May and will report back :)
Did your Dr tell you that you were in remission? And if so after how long?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: NewTD2

ohneclue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Great job and well done. I just wish the ADA in America would stop recommending 225 g carb that just LOVES starchy foods for each and every meal. I started ignoring it when my dr. told me in March 2013 my kidneys would need dialysis because I had been listening to those Registered Dingbats associated with that organization. I stopped on 6-3-2013 and went low carb to 45 g a day and cut out all starchy foods. Three weeks later, my A1c (US one) went from 7.2 to 6.6. mg/dL The following September 2013 it was 6.0. It is now 4.7 mg/dL for the last 6 months. In September 2016 I stopped eating any fruit and my A1c went from 6.0 to 5.2 mg/dL I still eat NO fruit with their limited amounts of "phyto" (meaning plant source) but little real nutrition except high sugar counts. But I do eat cooked veggies for maximum nutrition like cooked carrots for the important eye nutrients they have and the rest is mostly salads with Parmesan cheese shreds, a head of green leaf lettuce, a bunch of chopped green onions usually about 15, about 5 diced Roma tomatoes and cooked carrot slices or shreds and home-made Bleu cheese dressing. I still eat eggs, pork, chicken and I'm much healthier even if I'm also 5 years older and a lot wiser. I just wish the ADA would change their diet plan from the Dumb Diabetic Diet to a more lower carb (carbs just aren't needed by humans most of the time because our body uses fats to make normal blood sugars) and not be ignorantly against low carb, higher fat plans like the one I follow now with a little Intermittent Fasting (I eat only when hungry) for good measure. I don't even miss the starchy carbs at all and when we eat out, I have no problem asking for cooked broccoli rather than mashed potatoes for my food. This eating style also cured my husband's diabetes. I still need insulin R and N (fast and intermediate) but I need only 85-90% less than before during my ADA DDD times that brought my kidneys to the Edge of Dialysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Awesome ... congratulations! I am jealous of your success but really glad to hear about it. Achievements like this are encouragement to the rest of us that struggle with our diet and the sweet and tasty temptations. My last test was 7.3 (56) and just coming up in 2 weeks for the next test. Hoping for 6.5 (48) or close as possible ... time will tell. If not a significant drop I will hear about it as I will get admonished by my Endo ... LOL. Glucose testing, cholesterol, weight and BMI are all under control now but struggling to lower the Hb1Ac.

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

Beefeater

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on a great achievement. I am sure that you will continue to see falls in levels for all the main markers in the next few months. I have a salutary about the prescribing of medicines related to type 2. I was put on Ramipril, Metaformin and Atorcoxib in relation to my condition and Tadalafil for prostate trouble. I started experiencing severe prostatitis and CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) resulting in sleep interuption and lots of paracetomol. My doctors answer? 3 x 25mg amitriptyline taken before bed. Result? I couldn't pee and I felt like I was asleep when awake. I have also since discovered that all of the above drugs side effects could be contributing to my ED.

So I would say keep pushing through with LCHF and exercise and do not get in a position of having to take drugs to control type 2 diabetes.

All the best

vasiljevic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What a feeling!! Itching to do my home test again from 3 weeks ago when it was 42. I've been very good in sticking to the LCHF apart from a family wedding in Dublin on paddy's day (although I did manage to resist the creme brule dessert!) A meal out with the girls back home (they picked a local Chinese this time so I selected stir fry but it was dripping in sauce) and a couple of weak moments. I was hoping it would not have gone up or had stayed the same but when it had gone down 5 notches I could have cried!!! Tears of joy of course. My weight is down from 14 stone 3 lbs (over 90 kgs) to 11 stone 8lbs (73.4kg). My bmi is 23.9 (normal). I'm a female height 5ft 9.5. I haven't found it hard which surprised me as I'm weak willed. My diet has been streamlined but I wanted to do this. To get my hba1c right down. Not my just for myself but to show the DN how it can be done and without meds. She wanted to put me straight on metformin. I don't want to go on meds and asked her to bear with me for 3 months. *** i have it in remission if I get another 2 similar results. That makes me feel that I have achieved something quite miraculous. I owe this great achievement to two things. One my amazing mother who sadly passed away 11 years ago. She was type 1 and I saw how it effected her (she wasn't good with it and I think had we known about this forum things would have been so different). And secondly to the amazing people on this forum who tirelessly help others find their way in the dark!!! Without your help I would still be trying to find a way out of the dark tunnel. Thankfully you all helped me to see the light and I can't thank you all enough ❤❤❤ I've celebrated tonight with 2 large glasses of red and a meat but no pitta bread kebab. A few bits afterwards too like cheese and biscuits and some nuts. Happy days.
What a feeling!! Itching to do my home test again from 3 weeks ago when it was 42. I've been very good in sticking to the LCHF apart from a family wedding in Dublin on paddy's day (although I did manage to resist the creme brule dessert!) A meal out with the girls back home (they picked a local Chinese this time so I selected stir fry but it was dripping in sauce) and a couple of weak moments. I was hoping it would not have gone up or had stayed the same but when it had gone down 5 notches I could have cried!!! Tears of joy of course. My weight is down from 14 stone 3 lbs (over 90 kgs) to 11 stone 8lbs (73.4kg). My bmi is 23.9 (normal). I'm a female height 5ft 9.5. I haven't found it hard which surprised me as I'm weak willed. My diet has been streamlined but I wanted to do this. To get my hba1c right down. Not my just for myself but to show the DN how it can be done and without meds. She wanted to put me straight on metformin. I don't want to go on meds and asked her to bear with me for 3 months. *** i have it in remission if I get another 2 similar results. That makes me feel that I have achieved something quite miraculous. I owe this great achievement to two things. One my amazing mother who sadly passed away 11 years ago. She was type 1 and I saw how it effected her (she wasn't good with it and I think had we known about this forum things would have been so different). And secondly to the amazing people on this forum who tirelessly help others find their way in the dark!!! Without your help I would still be trying to find a way out of the dark tunnel. Thankfully you all helped me to see the light and I can't thank you all enough ❤❤❤ I've celebrated tonight with 2 large glasses of red and a meat but no pitta bread kebab. A few bits afterwards too like cheese and biscuits and some nuts. Happy days.
Fantastic, I would recommend that you avoid 100% white flour and everything that is made of it. Of course, sugar. You can eat meat as much as you like.

Smita

HiThats awesome news. I am new here. Can you give a sample of your daily diet please?
Great result, well done

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes and you know what they say....give diabetes an inch and it takes a foot!

Not just a foot my dear...it also takes away your eyes, kidneys, heart etc.

DGI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there...how long did it take you to lose the weight?
Also plse can you tell me what you typically ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also snacks. I'm finding it hard to put an easy to prepare, preferably minimal cooking, meals as way too much choice. So it would be great if you can list some meals please.
Many thanks and well done! x

Reactions: Prem51