I'm doing an Irish jig as hba1c down to 37 today from 62 on 8th December 2017

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a feeling!! Itching to do my home test again from 3 weeks ago when it was 42. I've been very good in sticking to the LCHF apart from a family wedding in Dublin on paddy's day (although I did manage to resist the creme brule dessert!) A meal out with the girls back home (they picked a local Chinese this time so I selected stir fry but it was dripping in sauce) and a couple of weak moments. I was hoping it would not have gone up or had stayed the same but when it had gone down 5 notches I could have cried!!! Tears of joy of course. My weight is down from 14 stone 3 lbs (over 90 kgs) to 11 stone 8lbs (73.4kg). My bmi is 23.9 (normal). I'm a female height 5ft 9.5. I haven't found it hard which surprised me as I'm weak willed. My diet has been streamlined but I wanted to do this. To get my hba1c right down. Not my just for myself but to show the DN how it can be done and without meds. She wanted to put me straight on metformin. I don't want to go on meds and asked her to bear with me for 3 months. *** i have it in remission if I get another 2 similar results. That makes me feel that I have achieved something quite miraculous. I owe this great achievement to two things. One my amazing mother who sadly passed away 11 years ago. She was type 2 and I saw how it effected her (she wasn't good with it and I think had we known about this forum things would have been so different). And secondly to the amazing people on this forum who tirelessly help others find their way in the dark!!! Without your help I would still be trying to find a way out of the dark tunnel. Thankfully you all helped me to see the light and I can't thank you all enough ❤❤❤ I've celebrated tonight with 2 large glasses of red and a meat but no pitta bread kebab. A few bits afterwards too like cheese and biscuits and some nuts. Happy days.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a feeling!! Itching to do my home test again from 3 weeks ago when it was 42. I've been very good in sticking to the LCHF apart from a family wedding in Dublin on paddy's day (although I did manage to resist the creme brule dessert!) A meal out with the girls back home (they picked a local Chinese this time so I selected stir fry but it was dripping in sauce) and a couple of weak moments. I was hoping it would not have gone up or had stayed the same but when it had gone down 5 notches I could have cried!!! Tears of joy of course. My weight is down from 14 stone 3 lbs (over 90 kgs) to 11 stone 8lbs (73.4kg). My bmi is 23.9 (normal). I'm a female height 5ft 9.5. I haven't found it hard which surprised me as I'm weak willed. My diet has been streamlined but I wanted to do this. To get my hba1c right down. Not my just for myself but to show the DN how it can be done and without meds. She wanted to put me straight on metformin. I don't want to go on meds and asked her to bear with me for 3 months. *** i have it in remission if I get another 2 similar results. That makes me feel that I have achieved something quite miraculous. I owe this great achievement to two things. One my amazing mother who sadly passed away 11 years ago. She was type 1 and I saw how it effected her (she wasn't good with it and I think had we known about this forum things would have been so different). And secondly to the amazing people on this forum who tirelessly help others find their way in the dark!!! Without your help I would still be trying to find a way out of the dark tunnel. Thankfully you all helped me to see the light and I can't thank you all enough ❤❤❤ I've celebrated tonight with 2 large glasses of red and a meat but no pitta bread kebab. A few bits afterwards too like cheese and biscuits and some nuts. Happy days.
Wow well done you congratulations- great thing is you give the impression that it’s not stopped you getting out there and enjoying life as well as improving your health. Enjoy your treats and celebrate - low carb style. Big pat on the back

Reactions: ziggy_w

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that you are a contended for membership of the Smug Club - open to all those who are getting normal levels on diet alone - there doesn't seem to be a proper description which all can agree upon for the lucky ones, but I think that there ought to be one

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a feeling!! Itching to do my home test again from 3 weeks ago when it was 42. I've been very good in sticking to the LCHF apart from a family wedding in Dublin on paddy's day (although I did manage to resist the creme brule dessert!) A meal out with the girls back home (they picked a local Chinese this time so I selected stir fry but it was dripping in sauce) and a couple of weak moments. I was hoping it would not have gone up or had stayed the same but when it had gone down 5 notches I could have cried!!! Tears of joy of course. My weight is down from 14 stone 3 lbs (over 90 kgs) to 11 stone 8lbs (73.4kg). My bmi is 23.9 (normal). I'm a female height 5ft 9.5. I haven't found it hard which surprised me as I'm weak willed. My diet has been streamlined but I wanted to do this. To get my hba1c right down. Not my just for myself but to show the DN how it can be done and without meds. She wanted to put me straight on metformin. I don't want to go on meds and asked her to bear with me for 3 months. *** i have it in remission if I get another 2 similar results. That makes me feel that I have achieved something quite miraculous. I owe this great achievement to two things. One my amazing mother who sadly passed away 11 years ago. She was type 1 and I saw how it effected her (she wasn't good with it and I think had we known about this forum things would have been so different). And secondly to the amazing people on this forum who tirelessly help others find their way in the dark!!! Without your help I would still be trying to find a way out of the dark tunnel. Thankfully you all helped me to see the light and I can't thank you all enough ❤❤❤ I've celebrated tonight with 2 large glasses of red and a meat but no pitta bread kebab. A few bits afterwards too like cheese and biscuits and some nuts. Happy days.

Excellent result. Well done!

Which home HbA1c tests are you using? The A1cNow? I have found those to be very accurate for me in the past.

Reactions: Debandez

dwnunder

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Big mouths
Doesn't that just show what LCHF can do to your health. Well done you, I am so happy for you that you have acheived such great results in such a short amount of time. A huge pat on the back :happy:

Reactions: Prem51 and Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent result. Well done!

Which home HbA1c tests are you using? The A1cNow? I have found those to be very accurate for me in the past.
Yes it is. I'm happy to hear that they are quite accurate too! Costly at £120 for 10 but a great investment.

Reactions: Prem51 and DCUKMod

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I think you should celebrate to an “Eat All You Can ‘Til You Literally Drop Dead (gorgeous) Chinese Buffet”.

I would.

Congratulations!!!

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
How wonderful! Congrats for keeping your resolve going and getting up that first hill.

Reactions: Prem51 and Debandez