Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:singing: Happy Diaday to me! :singing:
:singing: Happy Diaday dear Rachoooooooox! :singing:

Yes one whole year today since my Type 2 diagnosis and what a year!
I’ve gone from an HbA1c of 70 to consistently in the 30s (MySugr says estimate of 31.9 today)
I’ve gone from weighing 115kg (BMI 44.3) to 79kg (BMI 30.4)
I’ve gone from a BP of 140/88 to 125/77 and that’s on less BP meds.
I’ve dropped 3 dress sizes.
I’ve taken in my watch strap twice!
I’ve gone from sleeping for England to waking each day refreshed after 7 hours sleep.
I’ve gone from couch potato to someone who walks at least 20 mins each day.
I’ve gone from lazy cook to experimental cook.
I’ve gone from “Shell Shocked” (the title of my first post here) to well informed and educated on all things Type 2!

I’ve followed a low carb way of eating from the night of my diagnosis, with Metformin and self monitoring to achieve all of this, and it’s absolutely thanks to the wisdom, support and friendliness of the folks on this fantastic forum, for which I’ll be eternally grateful - plus a pinch of effort and will power from me!

My diabetes diagnosis really has been a blessing in disguise, as a result of it I am so much fitter than I was this time last year! :happy:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow dear you are fantastic , what amazing results congratulations , how low in carbs are you in average ?

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:singing: Happy Diaday dear Rachoooooooox! :singing:

Yes one whole year today since my Type 2 diagnosis and what a year!
I’ve gone from an HbA1c of 70 to consistently in the 30s (MySugr says estimate of 31.9 today)
I’ve gone from weighing 115kg (BMI 44.3) to 79kg (BMI 30.4)
I’ve gone from a BP of 140/88 to 125/77 and that’s on less BP meds.
I’ve dropped 3 dress sizes.
I’ve taken in my watch strap twice!
I’ve gone from sleeping for England to waking each day refreshed after 7 hours sleep.
I’ve gone from couch potato to someone who walks at least 20 mins each day.
I’ve gone from lazy cook to experimental cook.
I’ve gone from “Shell Shocked” (the title of my first post here) to well informed and educated on all things Type 2!

I’ve followed a low carb way of eating from the night of my diagnosis, with Metformin and self monitoring to achieve all of this, and it’s absolutely thanks to the wisdom, support and friendliness of the folks on this fantastic forum, for which I’ll be eternally grateful - plus a pinch of effort and will power from me!

My diabetes diagnosis really has been a blessing in disguise, as a result of it I am so much fitter than I was this time last year! :happy:

Well done @Rachox!

I really need to do something about my weight. We started off at the same weight but you've done much better than me at getting it down! Congratulations.

I'm a little disappointed by your post, however. It's your diabetes anniversary and you haven't posted a 12-month blood sugar graph! Is something wrong?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow dear you are fantastic , what amazing results congratulations , how low in carbs are you in average ?
Thank you! I started at keeping under 100g/day, after 6 weeks I dropped to between 50-70g/day, since Feb I’m always 40-60g/day.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
D564FD75-D561-4A22-841D-428E43CC4EC1.jpeg
Well done @Rachox!

I really need to do something about my weight. We started off at the same weight but you've done much better than me at getting it down! Congratulations.

I'm a little disappointed by your post, however. It's your diabetes anniversary and you haven't posted a 12-month blood sugar graph! Is something wrong?
Just for you!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wooooo!!!!! Just wonderful to read your fabulous results, @Rachox! (And a fab 'after' pic on another thread - you look amazing, apart from the slightly jaundiced face ;)) I hope you have made yourself a slow-cooker choccy cake and decorated it :D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wooooo!!!!! Just wonderful to read your fabulous results, @Rachox! (And a fab 'after' pic on another thread - you look amazing, apart from the slightly jaundiced face ;)) I hope you have made yourself a slow-cooker choccy cake and decorated it :D
Just had an extra strawberry with my low carb ‘porridge’ this morning. Off to work today so no time for baking unfortunately.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha! Xmas was party time?
:D:D:D
No unfortunately it wasn’t! I had major surgery and steroid injections to my feet just before Christmas, that was the cause of the spike :eek:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No unfortunately it wasn’t! I had major surgery and steroid injections to my feet just before Christmas, that was the cause of the spike :eek:

Ouch!
Actually, I remember that - you have to be readmitted and were in terrible pain, weren't you?
Nasty business!

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My hat is off to you, well done on your transformation and success in bringing down your numbers.

And thanks for your many posts giving info and advice without judgment. I am sure it has steered many onto a good path.

Reactions: Brunneria

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My hat is off to you, well done on your transformation and success in bringing down your numbers.

And thanks for your many posts giving info and advice without judgment. I am sure it has steered many onto a good path.
Thank you for your kind words. Yes it’s definitely my time to pay back and help others as this Forum helped and I’m sure will continue to help me.

Reactions: CranberryIce