What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi. Very new to this. Sorry if in the wrong forum. Not sure what I'm doing yet.

I was diagnosed T2 in mid April after being pre-diabetic last November. Mum died of cancer in March and I'm an emotional binge eater, so couldn't heed the warning. Was given 12 weeks until next test to improve diet and lifestyle. Life is still very difficult without Mum, but have severely cut carbs and I've only had 2 minimal binges. since April,

Today's reading before breakfast at 9.30 (ate chicken salad for dinner at 5 last night) was 9.1. Bit worried and disappointed. Any tips on how to reduce it? I am disabled and unable to walk safely atm.

Thanks
Gina

@Gina698

I think @ianspurs has stated his welcome post perfectly

Welcome aboard take care we all have to start somewhere and that’s just what you have done

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My higher readings sometimes reflect 48 hours previous. What did you have the day before?

Breakfast was 2 eggs with 1tbl heavy cream, 2 slices of prosciutto and 1 tbl mascarpone.
Lunch 1 cup arugula with 2tbl feta and the cap of a red pepper with a tin of sardines in olive oil
Dinner 1 quarter avacado a small burger I cooked in butter plus 2 leafs of cabbage sautéed with the top of one scallion and 2 mushroom caps plus one hard boiled egg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was 2 eggs with 1tbl heavy cream, 2 slices of prosciutto and 1 tbl mascarpone.
Lunch 1 cup arugula with 2tbl feta and the cap of a red pepper with a tin of sardines in olive oil
Dinner 1 quarter avacado a small burger I cooked in butter plus 2 leafs of cabbage sautéed with the top of one scallion and 2 mushroom caps plus one hard boiled egg
Diet sounds good @JMcB so just stick with it and wait for the results. It obviously took a while for the situation to get to the point of diagnosis so it will take time to become well managed. How is the metformin going? Also, maybe take a look at this thread for ideas https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781 and advice

Reactions: Debandez and JMcB

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Diet sounds good @JMcB so just stick with it and wait for the results. It obviously took a while for the situation to get to the point of diagnosis so it will take time to become well managed. How is the metformin going? Also, maybe take a look at this thread for ideas https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781 and advice

I haven’t been taking the metformin since early on. I did take one yesterday morning during my freak out session but don’t plan on doing so again as long as my new exercise regimen continues to bring the BG down after meals.
Thank a for the thread! I’ll head over there now.

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I haven’t been taking the metformin since early on. I did take one yesterday morning during my freak out session but don’t plan on doing so again as long as my new exercise regimen continues to bring the BG down after meals.
Thank a for the thread! I’ll head over there now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. A misty start here which usually means bright sunny day to follow at this time of year. 4.7 for me today.
72 hour fast done with good ending - bg 3.9 and ketones 2.9. Today our firstborn is 32 and is coming to see us with his son so all is good. Hope everyone has a great weekend and can either avoid or watch the wedding/sport as they wish. 2 top rugby union games, the cup final and 2 IPL games and a wedding for lady boys :angelic: Needed to be a Bank Holiday pubs would have had a proper bonanza.

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gooood moooorniiiing. DIABETES do co for UUUU KKKK.

On this super sunny Saturday, on waking at 6am, I sacrificed my blood on Lady Vampira's alter.

Upon tasting it, she announced and gave me her blessing of 5.5.

I gave joy to this, and wonder if the God Dia Bet es did take pity upon me, as I had 5 sweet potato fries with my salad and two scoops of delicious strawberry sorbet withmy mealat 9pm last night

Either that or my body is wired wrongly to get that result considering all the 6'si have been getting by being good.

Now,may you all a super Saturday today