PHC 2018

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow just got home from this amazing weekend of talks and low carb meals at the Royal College of GP's in London.
Some very impressive presenters including
Dr David Unwin
The guaranteed laughs from Dr Peter Brukner
Super presentation on CICO and why it doesn't work by Dr Zoe Harcombe
Very informative one on Low Carb and Type 1 by Dr Ian Lake
Very interesting analysis of food addiction by Diabetes.co.uk's own Charlotte Summers alongside Dr Jen Unwin
Brilliant opening this morning by Dr Aseem Malhotra charting his battle with the establishment
A truly eye opening and tear inducing story from Prof Tim Noakes (who received no fewer than 3 standing ovations over the course of the weekend).
A razor sharp critique of DUK's new nutritional guidelines by Dr Trudi Deakin
as well as others on exercise and cardiology.

As well as Charlotte our own @Administrator was there, as well as Ivor Cummings and some faces from the forum here including me (of course) @wiflib and @CherryAA and Benedict Jephcote the diabetes.co.uk editor. A team from dietdoctor was interviewing and recording videos of attendees and Daisy Brackenhall of the http://www.ketowomanpodcast.com was talking to lots of the great and the good of ketoworld. Even Dr Michael Moseley was in attendance on Saturday alongside Dr Zoe Wiliams from "Trust Me I'm a Doctor". A great conference very well organised by Sam Feltham and the PHC volunteers.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I never thought I would say this but I have a serious case of conference envy!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Reactions: Flora123 and rab5

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds brilliant!

Edited to add, it must be great to meet like minded people with regards to Diabetes. Apart from my GP I’ve met no-one in real life that has knowledge about low carb approach to type 2

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds brilliant!

Edited to add, it must be great to meet like minded people with regards to Diabetes. Apart from my GP I’ve met no-one in real life that has knowledge about low carb approach to type 2
Lots of people said that over the weekend. How refreshing it was to be amongst people who "got it".

Reactions: zand and Energize

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lots of people said that over the weekend. How refreshing it was to be amongst people who "got it".
Is it an annual event that anyone can apply to attend?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes anyone can attend if they’ve bought a ticket. I’ll let you know when the next one is announced.
Thanks, I’d live to attend the next one. Is it annually and always in London?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds great @bulkbiker

I looked at going but was put off by the cost. Will think about putting money aside for next year.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox - This is the website: https://phcuk.org/about/

I went to the first Conferrence in Birmingham and met with several folks we both know and know of there. It was great, although smallerer than this weekend's event.

@bulkbiker - I watched/listened to some of the streaming over the weekend and got very excited about some of the things unfolding. I also noticed forum memberr @wiflib in the background of a photo on Twitter.

I know some of the content will be published on YouTube etc., eventually, so we have that to look forward to.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was an extremely interesting conference . I went to LowCcarb Breckenridge as well and Zurich next. I get the real sense that things were starting to change. Dr Malhotra has done an enormous amount to bring the issues to the public attention in the UK. We might actually fill that chasm between early adopters and the majority in the next few months.

I was very pleased to meet some of the characters in the saga face to face, especially Prof Noakes who is inspirational.

Reactions: rom35 and Biggles2

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The location changes every year, they haven't yet announced where the next one will be .

Thanks for that info. I will wait and see if it’s not too far from me then. Pity I missed this year’s, London would have been easily doable for me.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I’m def going to the next one. I can meet my wee hero @bulkbiker.... is this getting a little weird

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On Twitter. Sam tweeted the report.
Is it just me? I never seem to be able to find anything on twitter. I follow Sam and have just checked his feed but can't find anything... its all a bit beyond me. #mustbegettingold...

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just me? I never seem to be able to find anything on twitter. I follow Sam and have just checked his feed but can't find anything... its all a bit beyond me. #mustbegettingold...

I'll have a look