Magnificent May Fast!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning My ketostix was a shade darker, reading 1.5 mmol/l. Another 0.5kg down in weight. My shoes are now too big and I have prominent ankle bones again the odema seems resolved.
I didn't eat until 1.45pm today, when I had Greek yogurt with some flaked almonds. I still don't feel hungry, and thankfully gastric upset has resolved. I will eat again before 6pm, probably some fish and vegetables with butter. Then not eat after this until midday tomorrow, when I have a feast of roast goose planned.

Frustratingly, I once again had fasting BG of 6.3 first thing this morning, then an hour later 8.4. Think this needs extra work, though all other readings today have been low 6s.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Pipp I know how you have been struggling after those awful steroids and your other problems, but this is all looking positive. :)

Well done to each and everyone of you. You are all winners.

Reactions: Pipp

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Important thing is you knew when to stop.
How did your refedding differ from the plan you had?

By about 10,000,0000 calories

I had planned 4 halloumi chips, one bit of bacon
Went well then a spinach tomatoe, olive cheese mayonnaise, bacon etc etc salad was placed near me. And to be honest I thought what’s the worst that can happen.

Oh and my first 10 cal strawberry jelly!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Thanks for coming back with all these figures very interesting.. I'll do a start to finish tomorrow morning and then update in a couple of days.

I’m not so taken by this guy Berg but I do watch loads of his videos!

Reactions: ianpspurs

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon update
BG 4.2
Ketones 7!
highest ever .. whoop whoop.. not that it means much.. but hey I am now really looking forward to some lunch tomorrow.. now you lot have all finished!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Afternoon update
BG 4.2
Ketones 7!
highest ever .. whoop whoop.. not that it means much.. but hey I am now really looking forward to some lunch tomorrow.. now you lot have all finished!
Excellent result mate!

As an aside 2hrs 30mins after a meal I a have the following results:
\
BG 4.5
Ketones 5.1

While slightly shocked Im secretly pleased lol

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent result mate!

As an aside 2hrs 30mins after a meal I a have the following results:
\
BG 4.5
Ketones 5.1

While slightly shocked Im secretly pleased lol
Cool ...even after that feast!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I’m leaving now for a barbecue. The things I do for science.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By about 10,000,0000 calories

I had planned 4 halloumi chips, one bit of bacon
Went well then a spinach tomatoe, olive cheese mayonnaise, bacon etc etc salad was placed near me. And to be honest I thought what’s the worst that can happen.

Oh and my first 10 cal strawberry jelly!

If you end up with an upset tum, you can always blame the alien jelly. :)

Eric Berg really irritates me. I readily could do unkind things to him.

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing results all. You inspire me to do a 24h+ fast. Maybe next month...! :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Pipp I know how you have been struggling after those awful steroids and your other problems, but this is all looking positive. :)

Well done to each and everyone of you. You are all winners.
Thank you, I have a way to go yet, but think fasting is the easiest route at the moment. We all have to find our own way, and so the support and reading experience of others are all useful research, without having to experiment on oneself too much. I doubt I would choose to fast beyond 3 days, and admire the strength of character of @bulkbiker and @rab5. I hope your success continues.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Thank you, I have a way to go yet, but think fasting is the easiest route at the moment. We all have to find our own way, and so the support and reading experience of others are all useful research, without having to experiment on oneself too much. I doubt I would choose to fast beyond 3 days, and admire the strength of character of @bulkbiker and @rab5. I hope your success continues.

I must say that as the fast went on the easier it was. The hunger disappeared I’m hoping @bulkbiker felt the same

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must say that as the fast went on the easier it was. The hunger disappeared I’m hoping @bulkbiker felt the same
Err to be honest at the moment I'm a bit hungry... maybe the fact that I have a sous vide and tomorrow's lunch has been cooking since 2.30 pm.. why do I do this to myself? Still it should be worth it.. just about to take last before bed readings.. watch this space.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So last evening readings fasted for 147 hours

BG 4.4
Ketones 6.6

Looks like my blood sugar low when fasting is getting a bit later in the fast usually day 3 this time day 5
whereas ketones have been highest today.

Night all looking forward to the weigh in tomorrow and a summation of the figures.

I'm guessing it's just me left (what a saddo) so wish you all a very good night.

Reactions: Speedbird and rab5

jasmindesylva

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok. So was wondering what the whole fast thing was, cause I wasn’t seeing any data from anyone. NADA. lol. This morning on a whim I decided to follow the link that bulbiker sent on the original post. Ha ha. I missed all of it. Well done to all of you who did it. I have been doing a 20 hour fast mon, tue and Thursdays. The lowest my BG went was 4.7. Don’t have a ketone meter yet. Sorry for being a doofus. Will be more involved the next time.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok. So was wondering what the whole fast thing was, cause I wasn’t seeing any data from anyone. NADA. lol. This morning on a whim I decided to follow the link that bulbiker sent on the original post. Ha ha. I missed all of it. Well done to all of you who did it. I have been doing a 20 hour fast mon, tue and Thursdays. The lowest my BG went was 4.7. Don’t have a ketone meter yet. Sorry for being a doofus. Will be more involved the next time.
No worries there will probably be a next time!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some morning data and a record of the week

So this morning woke up to the following
FBG 4.1
Ketones 6.0
Weight 205.2 pounds
Body Fat 27.3
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 27.8

Start to finish comparison
Screen Shot 2018-05-27 at 07.51.47.png

The only really odd result is the body fat percentage which either means I have lost a lot of muscle (which I doubt) or my scales are a bit rubbish at measuring which I fear is correct..
The trick now will be trying to maintain the 9 pounds weigh loss!

Reactions: jasmindesylva

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Some morning data and a record of the week

So this morning woke up to the following
FBG 4.1
Ketones 6.0
Weight 205.2 pounds
Body Fat 27.3
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 27.8

Start to finish comparison
View attachment 26724

The only really odd result is the body fat percentage which either means I have lost a lot of muscle (which I doubt) or my scales are a bit rubbish at measuring which I fear is correct..
The trick now will be trying to maintain the 9 pounds weigh loss!

Great results bro!

Well done. 9 pound weight loss is brilliant. Be careful on the refeed!

Reactions: bulkbiker

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse

Ha ha.