Regular moderate exercise log

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
19,350 trying to add a little 10/20 mins walking on the spot ( or dancing around the living room) after meals thanks to little tips on these pages.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at the high numbers from @Goonergal and @flexi06 I feel just a little humbled and embarrassed. Took it very easy today and will end up with about 11.5K steps but pleased I managed 10K. Pleased for you two and everyone else who exercised well today.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woo hoo the little dance paid off 5.3 before dinner 5.7 after. Hope it carries me thru to the morning for a nice low fbg see u on the other side x

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woo hoo the little dance paid off 5.3 before dinner 5.7 after. Hope it carries me thru to the morning for a nice low fbg see u on the other side x
@flexi06 That is fantastic news. If fbg is not what you want just go again it will come right with all the work you are putting in :angelic:

Reactions: flexi06

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
19,350 trying to add a little 10/20 mins walking on the spot ( or dancing around the living room) after meals thanks to little tips on these pages.
Or walk up and down stairs a few times, or do step-ups on just one. For me the concept of "training" has transformed those senior moments when I find myself upstairs without remembering what I came for into a plus.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking at the high numbers from @Goonergal and @flexi06 I feel just a little humbled and embarrassed. Took it very easy today and will end up with about 11.5K steps but pleased I managed 10K. Pleased for you two and everyone else who exercised well today.
I like the idea of having a spread of targets. 7K is the minimum I really shouldn't dip below (though I do sometimes). 10K is better, 14K on target and 21K excellent (but I can't remember when I last achieved this, maybe some long summer walks I have planned will do it). I find that one achieveful day is usually followed by a rather feeble one.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just walking again today only 10,000 steps so nowhere near @Goonergal or @flexi06 but its all good activity I figure.

I agree @Alexandra100 just walking up stairs is good. And I often find myself dancing around the kitchen or bedroom to increase heartrate and stepcount and always feel happier for it.

@johnpol I was really interested in the exercises you posted for @ianpspurs I’m going to try these too. I was meaning to ask if anyone could recommend some simple(ish) core exercises I could do at home. Since having a kidney out last year ( not diabetes related) I have a big hernia type bulge in my side, the surgeon said I just need to increase my core strength.

Ps @Japes hope you feel better soon

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just walking again today only 10,000 steps so nowhere near @Goonergal or @flexi06 but its all good activity I figure.

I agree @Alexandra100 just walking up stairs is good. And I often find myself dancing around the kitchen or bedroom to increase heartrate and stepcount and always feel happier for it.

@johnpol I was really interested in the exercises you posted for @ianpspurs I’m going to try these too. I was meaning to ask if anyone could recommend some simple(ish) core exercises I could do at home. Since having a kidney out last year ( not diabetes related) I have a big hernia type bulge in my side, the surgeon said I just need to increase my core strength.

Ps @Japes hope you feel better soon
If you try them, start gently just a few to start with.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ianpspurs, I'd agree with johnpol's advice, I'm wary of suggesting weights until you get your scan results, if you can manage a length of your pool, go neck deep near a wall and 'tread water' breaststroke legs but vertical body with your hands 'sculling' (maybe YouTube it) until you tire, then just grab the side to rest, and once rested go again, it'll help your water confidence and uses the muscles you'll swim with.

I missed yesterdays gym but swam with the child today and will use tomorrow to catch up the missed gym session

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs, I'd agree with johnpol's advice, I'm wary of suggesting weights until you get your scan results, if you can manage a length of your pool, go neck deep near a wall and 'tread water' breaststroke legs but vertical body with your hands 'sculling'
Thanks @kev-w Both yourself and @johnpol have been really helpful. Some very knowledgeable and helpful members on here.

Reactions: flexi06 and johnpol

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sunday shoulders, barbell press to 55kg x 2, which pleased me as I'm sure that was 2.5kg heavier than I've recently managed, front & side raises, face pulls & upright trap rows and shrugs to 40kg dumbbells, and some sets of bent over side rows with a low pulley on a machine..

No swimming.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Catching up.

Sunday started with an early morning walk - really brisk one up steep hill to the Blackheath entrance to Greenwich Park. Couple of hours wandering and taking photos, brisk walk home. Combined with various activities over the day, up to 24,351 steps.

Today’s steps were 18,512 plus a Pilates session.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve only managed just over 10,000 steps. Very feeble compared to many on here but I think it’s ok for me at the moment.
This included 2 forays to the village Co op which is only 1.5 mile round trip, but it’s at the bottom of a very steep hill. Coming back up the hill with heavy shopping is tough going.
It definitely helps if I walk about an hour after eating - I’ve noticed a very nicely reduced bg when I’ve done this so my aim is to continue.

@johnpol I have been doing the core exercises you posted too. Only 1 set of each so far, and I cant lift either leg during the plank pose. I’ll keep trying though, thanks.

Reactions: kev-w and ianpspurs