What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well good morning fbg posse, some good early morning numbers from u guys today and I’m a bit happier with my 5.6- it’s so pleasing to be back in the 5’s. Drive to Luton for a weight clinic. Cannot remember what I weighed last time- hope I’ve lost some. I stopped taking diuretic in between last apt and my weight loss just stopped- I even put in a few pounds ( groan) but this morning I may be back on track to the weight I was at when I stopped taking them. Have a marvellous day dahhhlliiings. X

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all. 4.5 today. Amazed as totally over ate yesterday. My penance for that is a distinct feeling of nausea this morning.

@SueJB loving your avatar. Is it a pic you took in Izmir? I love Islamic art and architecture.
@Goonergal another good number. The avatar is part of Konak Yali mosque

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A hugely disappointing 14.2 this morning and the galling thing is I can't explain it either! went to bed with 6 being the number, so I am flummoxed as to why. So just to monitor and adjust as needed today. The vagaries' of diabetes !!! unexplained highs and lows! just like life!!!

Take care everyone.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi all, its been about a year since I last visited this thread and it still feels a bit like a confessional....anyhow its really great to see so many people here with great numbers and others aspiring ...Me? I'm still somewhere in the middle ...today was 6.2 and most of the year has been close to that number.... I still eat low carb , and still walk 10k steps per day....I now do the shopping daily on my bike which I'm loving .... Best thought to all ...

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 6.7 this morning at 8am. Had unpleasant hypo type symptoms directly before eating my evening meal yesterday. Tested just after eating and was 5.9 so not sure if I'd dropped below 4 or not. My fbs levels have recently been lower than usual for no apparent reason (still in the 6's) but I'm not complaining. Have a good day one and all.:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have an IQ running in negative numbers like me welcome to my world.

An 8.9 this morning for me, I needed a higher number this morning but not quite that high. My reason was I had to get my motorbike across Reading by 8:30am only 4 miles and only took an hour. Never mind the joys of motorcycling and diabetes.

Have a good and entertaining day folks, I am off the leash and free till 2:00pm when the leash will be reattached.