Well I Just Do Not Belive It

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Since i have been to do this healthy eating course 12 weeks alltogether i have lost fifteen pounds in weight i am on week 3 now was 88.6 am now 81.6 12 kg 12 pounds now i am right pleased.

I went for a 3 mile walk today and when i returned home i had to have my inhalers as my asthma set off.

Diligent500.

Reactions: urbanracer

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all,

Since i have been to do this healthy eating course 12 weeks alltogether i have lost fifteen pounds in weight i am on week 3 now was 88.6 am now 81.6 12 kg 12 pounds now i am right pleased.

I went for a 3 mile walk today and when i returned home i had to have my inhalers as my asthma set off.

Diligent500.
Aw, sometimes you just can't win can you?, I don't know anything about asthma but it sounds like you are doing really well. Is Asthma helped by exercise I wonder, maybe speak to your Doc. Good luck x

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant success as far as your weight goes :joyful:! Could your asthma have been brought on by pollen encountered on your walk?

dancing queen

Hi to all,

Diligent500.
Well done diligent500,bummer about the asthma, but it looks like you have already cracked the healthy eating, the weight loss is fantastic. This is my very first day, I have already made some mistakes... gulp! Beetroot and Grapes were the problem. So what is your best advise to a newbie

Reactions: Serena51

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @dancing queen , Yes beetroot is fairly high carb, but if you have it pickled it's a lot less. Boiled it comes out at 9.5gm/100gm, but pickled it's 5.6 gm. Grapes are indeed high carb (16.1gm/100gm) but if you are sensible there's no reason to avoid them completely. My wife makes me sugar-free jellies with up to four or five grapes cut in half in them. I'm also not above scoffing the odd two or three off a bunch, but I don't go daft with them.
My apologies to @Diligent500 for digressing from the nub of his thread!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Diligent500, I was diagnosed with asthma 4 months before my type 2 (2017 wasn’t my best year!). Anyway I don’t know if it was losing weight or the anti inflammatory effect of Low carb eating but I realised after a few months, not really sure how many months, that I hadn’t used my blue (reliever) inhaler at all, just my regular brown (steroid) inhaler. I think I’ve seen you posting about low carbing so I hope you derive the same benefits as me with regard to your asthma eventually.

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Diligent500 well done on weight loss & exercise

I have had asthma for years, since doin lchf & having lost weight my asthma has improved. Walking & swiming both great exercise