What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
My first prick of the day has given me and madam 7.5 and as a T1 I've decided that's nearly OK.
I have a mountain more pricks today to do, before and after meals so I'm quite happy to see how things go. Pricking is relentless.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 4.7 today.

@DJC3 -- Thanks for your concern. Work is still a bit busy -- have to spend the day preparing for next week. Three more weeks to go before the exam period when things will hopefully calm down a bit for me. Btw, well done on your fasting levels -- you almost always seem to be in the 5s nowadays.

@Ziggy2017 -- Glad that you are feeling better today. Good luck on your lung checkup tomorrow.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend everyone.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. The overnight rain here saved me the task and expense of watering so a win there. I slept an hour longer and a pound has disappeared from the random rise so another plank in the normal platform. Resting pulse coming back down adds another plank. Small victories must suffice for now.
5.2 fbg today which is also better than yesterday where there were some whoppers in the readings - some of which had not been seen since early March. Maybe some kind of normal could return this week :woot:
@DJC3 Nice start - newspapers eh very decadent we only ever have the free ones from Waitrose.(I do read The Guardian, Telegraph and Washington Post online) @Goonergal glad your bg responded well to yesterday keep an eye on the log game and rest those shins today. @dunelm I believe that great philosopher Madonna summed up your plight, life is a mystery:angelic:

Sounds like things are back on track for you too.

Doing my best to take it easier today. Sun is just poking its head out here so may have to do some local pottering to make the most of it.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@DJC3 -- Thanks for your concern. Work is still a bit busy -- have to spend the day preparing for next week. Three more weeks to go before the exam period when things will hopefully calm down a bit for me. Btw, well done on your fasting levels -- you almost always seem to be in the 5s nowadays.

@Ziggy2017 -- Glad that you are feeling better today. Good luck on your lung checkup tomorrow.

Hi ziggy 3 more weeks, it’ll fly by I’m sure then a well deserved rest for you.
I have been trying not to notice and get excited about the fact that my fbg are usually in the 5s these days - scared of frightening them away, isn’t that ridiculous?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. The overnight rain here saved me the task and expense of watering so a win there. I slept an hour longer and a pound has disappeared from the random rise so another plank in the normal platform. Resting pulse coming back down adds another plank. Small victories must suffice for now.
5.2 fbg today which is also better than yesterday where there were some whoppers in the readings - some of which had not been seen since early March. Maybe some kind of normal could return this week :woot:
@DJC3 Nice start - newspapers eh very decadent we only ever have the free ones from Waitrose.(I do read The Guardian, Telegraph and Washington Post online) @Goonergal glad your bg responded well to yesterday keep an eye on the log game and rest those shins today. @dunelm I believe that great philosopher Madonna summed up your plight, life is a mystery:angelic:

You’ll get a well rounded set of opinions with that selection.
We considered cancelling the paper when I retired but Mr C has his morning competition with himself over the sudoku and I’d miss thecrossword too much.
Also what would we use to wrap all our glasses, china etc for the move?

Glad things seem to be getting back on track for you.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections

Thanks ziggy_w I’m hardly even thinking about the checkup I’m thinking more about going to Majorca on Wednesday I can’t wait

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm getting confused. I thought you were replying to yourself, then realised there are two ziggys! :)

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad things seem to be getting back on track for you.
Thanks @DJC3 I may even stray off of my nice little homestead for the City today in search of Frecnh Vanilla Coffee man. Very rarely go into Cambridge these days as I begrudge the parking fees. Tend to go to John Lewis sale in January and Cau for steak and Malbec. The large Waitrose and M and S food store are out of town so we do visit those just to be sociable. I know my sons have worked on bars at this event so we shall see what those urban dwellers are like en masse (I was actually born in Cambridge and all my mother's side of the family are from there). This event sounds as though it may be interesting
https://www.oakleighfairs.co.uk/cambridge-town-country-fair/

Last edited:
Reactions: geefull