What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.9 today

probably because I didn't test when I originally got up to the bathroom early. I shuffled downstairs to see if mum's little dog needed out (she's visiting overnight) and found mr. gee had got there before me and was out with the dog so I brazenly just went back to bed and tested when I got up again.

Making Sunday dinner today, black pudding stuffed chicken wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, easy and tasty. Going to try out seasoned cauliflower slices baked alongside the chicken and am pondering some kind of cream cheese and/or greek yoghurt with a touch of garlic sauce (maybe, maybe not) on the side to add a bit of a different texture. Roast spuds for mr gee and mum and more of the cauli for me. Probably a bit of brocolli too for some colour contrast.

Hope you are enjoying the remainder of your weekend and that everything that needs to go well will do so!

(A ridiculously convoluted sentence even for me but you get the picture ;))

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
But are you both David Bowie fans? :)

Ziggy came from different owners I’m assuming they were fans of David Bowie (I heard he called himself Ziggy stardust :) )
I’ve never listened to David Bowie’s music but maybe I should give him a try :)

Reactions: Prem51

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
where about in majorca are you going me and tommy went to palma nova in march :)
I think it’s a villa in Palma we are way out of the way so we are renting a car which my dad will drive can’t wait to see how that works lol

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
good morning all :)

3.9 today

probably because I didn't test when I originally got up to the bathroom early. I shuffled downstairs to see if mum's little dog needed out (she's visiting overnight) and found mr. gee had got there before me and was out with the dog so I brazenly just went back to bed and tested when I got up again.

Making Sunday dinner today, black pudding stuffed chicken wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, easy and tasty. Going to try out seasoned cauliflower slices baked alongside the chicken and am pondering some kind of cream cheese and/or greek yoghurt with a touch of garlic sauce (maybe, maybe not) on the side to add a bit of a different texture. Roast spuds for mr gee and mum and more of the cauli for me. Probably a bit of brocolli too for some colour contrast.

Hope you are enjoying the remainder of your weekend and that everything that needs to go well will do so!

(A ridiculously convoluted sentence even for me but you get the picture ;))
Sounds delicious geefull though I wouldn’t try black pudding I’m not very adventurous with food lol

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3 I may even stray off of my nice little homestead for the City today in search of Frecnh Vanilla Coffee man. Very rarely go into Cambridge these days as I begrudge the parking fees. Tend to go to John Lewis sale in January and Cau for steak and Malbec. The large Waitrose and M and S food store are out of town so we do visit those just to be sociable. I know my sons have worked on bars at this event so we shall see what those urban dwellers are like en masse (I was actually born in Cambridge and all my mother's side of the family are from there). This event sounds as though it may be interesting
https://www.oakleighfairs.co.uk/cambridge-town-country-fair/

Looks like a brilliant day out. I miss heavy horse displays, my eldest was ( and still is) horse mad so we spent many happy weekends at things like this.
It’s lovely weather for a country fair too, and you’ve earned a day off after your gardening yesterday

Reactions: Rockman

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 5.0 for me this morning. Still pleased with that. :happy:
Had a few extra carbs yesterday to see what the difference may be over my last two Fbs readings: 3.8 - 3.5gms carbs & 3.9 - 6gms carbs. I had 3 small roast potatoes and two table spoons of mash with chicken and a few carrots. Carbs approx. 10gms. I will be on very low carbs today so lets see what tomorrows numbers bring. Have a good day all :):happy:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Making Sunday dinner today, black pudding stuffed chicken wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, easy and tasty. Going to try out seasoned cauliflower slices baked alongside the chicken and am pondering some kind of cream cheese and/or greek yoghurt with a touch of garlic sauce (maybe, maybe not) ;))

The chicken sounds great, it’s definitely going on our menu for this week!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s lovely weather for a country fair too, and you’ve earned a day off after your gardening yesterday
Thanks @DJC3 It was a really nice day with plenty of steps. Big downer was the £10.90 parking fee:bigtears: I bought Mrs Ianp some Suffolk Gin and artisanal faggots as you do. I have some elk sausages which I am assured only have elk meat and pork fat. Originally I was just going to have a pedometer and chest heart rate monitor for father's day/birthday but on the way out we tasted some of this and Mrs P forced a bottle on me - I am too much of a gentleman to refuse :angelic:
https://www.topdrinks.co.uk/product...ky&manufacturer=The-Hebridean-Liqueur-Company
I also munched on one of the biggest and tastiest bags of pork scratchings I have ever come across. The same stall had scotch eggs the size of softballs for those who know how big those are. Nearly forgot the point of the visit - we found the French Vanilla Coffee stall and now they do have a website and take cards:woot::woot:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3 It was a really nice day with plenty of steps. Big downer was the £10.90 parking fee:bigtears: I bought Mrs Ianp some Suffolk Gin and artisanal faggots as you do. I have some elk sausages which I am assured only have elk meat and pork fat. Originally I was just going to have a pedometer and chest heart rate monitor for father's day/birthday but on the way out we tasted some of this and Mrs P forced a bottle on me - I am too much of a gentleman to refuse :angelic:
https://www.topdrinks.co.uk/product...ky&manufacturer=The-Hebridean-Liqueur-Company
I also munched on one of the biggest and tastiest bags of pork scratchings I have ever come across. The same stall had scotch eggs the size of softballs for those who know how big those are. Nearly forgot the point of the visit - we found the French Vanilla Coffee stall and now they do have a website and take cards:woot::woot:

Gin and elk sausages - a very successful day!
Ouch! re. Car park cost though

Is the coffee flavoured with vanilla extract? What makes it so special? I’ve seen you post about it before.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gin and elk sausages - a very successful day!
Ouch! re. Car park cost though Is the coffee flavoured with vanilla extract? What makes it so special? I’ve seen you post about it before.
@DJC3 Not sure what their beans are flavoured with. We use vanilla extract in our filter pot but their's is another level delicious and no one else comes close to theirs.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Not sure what their beans are flavoured with. We use vanilla extract in our filter pot but their's is another level delicious and no one else comes close to theirs.

Could you post the website please? I’d like to try it.