Type 1'stars R Us

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
7.4 this morning which I suppose is a little high but I do feel better first thing if I'm in the 7s.
I'm not a breakfast fan either so it suits my morning work routine.....

Wishing everyone a top day....

Tony

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Btw any bg you get from me is from a fingerprick not from a Libre. If you want a Libre reading just pick a random number between 9 and 21.
I was thinking of getting another useless (to me) libre sensor just so that I could contribute to one of those threads where you show your blood sugar doing an awesome flat line. In my case, it would be a reading of LO throughout the day, but it would be flat. :)

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking of getting another useless (to me) libre sensor just so that I could contribute to one of those threads where you show your blood sugar doing an awesome flat line. In my case, it would be a reading of LO throughout the day, but it would be flat. :)

Isn’t it odd how it works great for some people and doesn’t for others? Maybe our blood is different. Better. Stronger.

Reactions: kaylz91

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A place for us type 1's to have a chat, post blood glucose numbers, some banter and a even a little whinge.

6.9 before dinner, which was a lovely gammon steak :):hungry:
Clearly we both had the same idea @Robinredbreast to start a new thread. Your title is much catchier. I wonder @DCUKMod if you can move the stuff in the thread "How Are You Doing T1s? Life, Thoughts, Bgs, Ups & Downs" to here?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Roast lamb, potatoes and veggies. Oh and mint sauce of course.
BG in a good place before and after, seems the pre bolus was just about spot on.

Always find gammon a bit salty. Are you an egg or pineapple type of girl?:)
I know what you mean about the gammon @therower. I used to be a pineapple now I'm an egg:joyful:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Woken up on 8.6. Not a surprise as it was 3.4 before bed so over did the haribos. Had fallen asleep in front of the tv and thought the wobbly feeling was because I needed to go to bed. Tested twice because I thought it was an error.

Think hayfever & / or the meds are making it all a bit erratic.
I think I'd go OTT with Haribos, I'm bad enough limiting fruit pastilles

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
17. fr**ging 6 this morning, comfort food as in a curry from the local Indian to blame, 6.6 when I went to bed....

Happy Monday.
Yeah well @kev-w we have to suffer for a good curry one way or another, don't we?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Clearly we both had the same idea @Robinredbreast to start a new thread. Your title is much catchier. I wonder @DCUKMod if you can move the stuff in the thread "How Are You Doing T1s? Life, Thoughts, Bgs, Ups & Downs" to here?

If you are talking about merging the threads, the content goes across and stays in "time posted" order, so there would be many pages of this thread as a preamble to Robin's thread opener and content. Is that what you want?

If that is what you want, any mod can merge threads.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
So you wouldn't advocate getting one @EllieM ?

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
If you are talking about merging the threads, the content goes across and stays in "time posted" order, so there would be many pages of this thread as a preamble to Robin's thread opener and content. Is that what you want?

If that is what you want, any mod can merge threads.
Makes sense I suppose to merge the 2 and @Robinredbreast has done a grand job starting this one

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awful night, went to bed higher than I would have liked but had had alcohol and didn’t want a low. Chance would have been a fine thing!

10.5 at 2am took a unit.
11.1 at 6am. Breakfast, rhubarb and yoghurt. 10carbs. Took usual 3 units, an hour later 5.8 with a plunging arrow. 2 jelly babies as I was swimming. 80 lengths and an hour later 5.3. Good job I had those jelly babies.
Now at 5.7 and relax!
Though I shall probably rise through the morning due to the Adrenalin created whilst swimming.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
17. fr**ging 6 this morning, comfort food as in a curry from the local Indian to blame, 6.6 when I went to bed....

Happy Monday.

Ahem I hope you have placed a toilet roll in the fridge..................
;)

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
So you wouldn't advocate getting one @EllieM ?
Oh, I would advocate it. For the first 8 months of usage, freestyle libre was a life changer to me (comparable to my first glucometer). Unfortunately after that my immune compromised T1 body decided it was allergic to the sensor (I could have lived with the rash if that was all it was) and as a consequence of that the readings became totally erratic/unusable for me. If you're one of the many (most?) for whom it works well, then go for it, it's the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, I'm one of the few for whom it no longer works. :(