Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. That’s not gone well... :banghead: T1000 is broken :D

Still, it’s a flat line... Wonder if it’s due to me moving my Tresiba dose time? Had more carbs than normal for dinner last night (18g) but no insulin as they weren’t fast.

8BD3AB23-8F23-4766-B0B6-A86451F9E78A.jpeg

Reactions: kaylz91

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. That’s not gone well... :banghead: T1000 is broken :D

Still, it’s a flat line... Wonder if it’s due to me moving my Tresiba dose time? Had more carbs than normal for dinner last night (18g) but no insulin as they weren’t fast.

View attachment 26997

Ouch, it's 'quaint' how the flatter lines are usually in the wrong place :(

Try not to over carb and spike up for the morning :) Edit, but you know that of course :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ouch, it's 'quaint' how the flatter lines are usually in the wrong place :(

Try not to over carb and spike up for the morning :) Edit, but you know that of course :)
I had three dextrose tabs and am in the mid sixes now. Might consider some breakfast at some point!

Reactions: kev-w

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up at 4 am with 16.9. Down to 8.5 by 8 am, but then back up to 9.5. I won't repeat my long rant about ignorant DSNs telling me that I don't get DP.

Re the Libre, I think there must be some sort of immune component as to why it works better for some people than others. No science behind it, but I know that, with the dexcom, can always tell when it isn't going to last long because it is irritated and sore from day 1, and never quite as accurate as the others.

Reactions: kaylz91 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Woke up with a FBS of 8. In a rush for work, had my breakfast got my sarnies done, got into work feeling rough, tested my blood 18.1!!!! DOH checked my Timesulin and 13 hours since my last jab. I hate having a bad memory.

Good news.... THE SUN IS OUT :) :)

Oh ***....,.The type 1 roller-coaster is having a ball today. Over-corrected for my high and now at 4.1 with a straight down arrow!!!! Good news I actually feel hypo :) . Hypo unawareness isn't good at all.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh ***....,.The type 1 roller-coaster is having a ball today. Over-corrected for my high and now at 4.1 with a straight down arrow!!!! Good news I actually feel hypo :) . Hypo unawareness isn't good at all.

Not just me then...

Reactions: porl69

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine is 18.3 and this is due to a) gym work with weights (just can't get my head around dosing with more insulin to meet the rise in bg b) post gym 1/4 macadamia and coconut bar which was sweet.
3 tsps almond butter for breakfast and my lunch was humous, egg and roasted aubergine, pepper and courgette plus spinach.
A correction dose always feels like a failure to me.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@NicoleC1971 a correction dose isn’t a failure any more than having food when you’re hungry is. People with pancreases do it automatically, we just have to do it ourselves x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
For a minute I thought the ex had posted a selfie :p

Actually I like cow'a especially the babies........so cute. When I think of my Ex, oh good I'm gonna be sick lol:yuck:
copyright-troll.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just commented on a new type 2 thread, called 'Type 2 are Us', could get confusing, but had a couple of negative replies But then again copying is a form of flattery.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Going out for a walk in the sunshine, it's quite hot here.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just commented on a new type 2 thread, called 'Type 2 are Us', could get confusing, but had a couple of negative replies But then again copying is a form of flattery.
Don’t they have a thread already called “type 2 life” or something?

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Worked 'Out of office' this morning (which meant strolling round hyde park in the sun and visiting a great Tomma Abbts exhibition at the serpentine Sackler gallery) pre lunch BG of 6.3. Sat in the park, eat my cheese and sweet chilli sandwich with a diet coke and put some aphex twin on the headphones. bliss. back at the office now expecting a lower then usual afternoon reading after all the walking. Unless things get stressful and then it'll probably go up.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Robinredbreast and @Mel dCP
Perhaps the T2s there don't want to join a thread that is established with a set of regular posters but are looking for new people just like this one is?
Anyway, as already pointed out immitation/flattery is all good.
Now waiting for a RH are us thread...

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow this thread is busy, checking in later than everyone else as I've only just come on and found it :)
@SueJB lower fat things generally have more carbs as they add sugar or other additives to try and make it taste better :rolleyes:
@Robinredbreast you fancy sending some of your nice weather my way? I've had to resort to putting a jumper on again!! lol
Anyways I was 6.2 at 06:55am xx

Reactions: himtoo and SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Wow this thread is busy, checking in later than everyone else as I've only just come on and found it :)
@SueJB lower fat things generally have more carbs as they add sugar or other additives to try and make it taste better :rolleyes:
@Robinredbreast you fancy sending some of your nice weather my way? I've had to resort to putting a jumper on again!! lol
Anyways I was 6.2 at 06:55am xx
@kaylz91 just think @Robinredbreast has given T1s a boost. Yep, I know about the fat thing but I just thought I'd post because my sister had given me 2 boxes of yuk light and yuk extra light. She thought it was better:hilarious:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Mine is 18.3 and this is due to a) gym work with weights (just can't get my head around dosing with more insulin to meet the rise in bg b) post gym 1/4 macadamia and coconut bar which was sweet.
3 tsps almond butter for breakfast and my lunch was humous, egg and roasted aubergine, pepper and courgette plus spinach.
A correction dose always feels like a failure to me.
@NicoleC1971 I'd like to click on something but not like, don't agree, don't want tosend a hug, or feel optimistic. Need one that says, yep understand that one:eek:

Reactions: Antje77