Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It is so hot here, not complaining, but it is roasting..............phew, just going to check my Bs now :nailbiting:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
20180611_152711_resized.jpg
Wow this thread is busy, checking in later than everyone else as I've only just come on and found it :)
@SueJB lower fat things generally have more carbs as they add sugar or other additives to try and make it taste better :rolleyes:
@Robinredbreast you fancy sending some of your nice weather my way? I've had to resort to putting a jumper on again!! lol
Anyways I was 6.2 at 06:55am xx

Well done on the 6.2 :)

Just took this photo from my back garden and my walk was indeed a hot one !

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kaylz91 just think @Robinredbreast has given T1s a boost. Yep, I know about the fat thing but I just thought I'd post because my sister had given me 2 boxes of yuk light and yuk extra light. She thought it was better:hilarious:
Oh dear, you want me to have a quite word with your sis? haha xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mine is 18.3 and this is due to a) gym work with weights (just can't get my head around dosing with more insulin to meet the rise in bg b) post gym 1/4 macadamia and coconut bar which was sweet.
3 tsps almond butter for breakfast and my lunch was humous, egg and roasted aubergine, pepper and courgette plus spinach.
A correction dose always feels like a failure to me.

No one is a failure, it can be a hard slog at times, with blips along the way, but thank goodness for Insulin to keep us alive. Take care :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NicoleC1971

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good swim that :) a decent distance says a bloke who enters pre hypo territory at 60 lengths breaststroke

Go spoil my day and tell me that was all front crawl :p

Ha ha! Mostly, but also fly, back crawl and breast stroke. We also do drills with arms and legs and it is all timed. For instance this morning when doing sets of 4 lengths you have a 10 sec break before the next one. Great fun and very good for me if you ignore the Adrenalin!!!!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ugh. Libre traces now looks like it did at dawn - relatively steady and now a steep rise. I wonder if it’s just not lasting 24 hours for me?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys and lovely gals. The thread seems to be thriving. As you may or may not know I don't post the numbers stuff. This morning was an exception, I wanted to make sure the thread kept going. Need not have bothered. Congratulations to @Robinredbreast on a great idea. I just thought I'd share this with you
IMG_0961.JPG
This is me. Well part of me:):)
It's actually the part of my head that wasn't far enough away from the tailgate of my Skoda Yeti.:banghead::banghead:
As this is a roughty toughty type 1 section , please feel free to laugh.
Looks like my dexcom calibration tonight will be based on head blood.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi guys and lovely gals. The thread seems to be thriving. As you may or may not know I don't post the numbers stuff. This morning was an exception, I wanted to make sure the thread kept going. Need not have bothered. Congratulations to @Robinredbreast on a great idea. I just thought I'd share this with you
View attachment 27010
This is me. Well part of me:):)
It's actually the part of my head that wasn't far enough away from the tailgate of my Skoda Yeti.:banghead::banghead:
As this is a roughty toughty type 1 section , please feel free to laugh.
Looks like my dexcom calibration tonight will be based on head blood.
OUCH