What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who work on the frontline for the NHS.

A truly grotty 5.3 for me today, before you all panic with my medication this is a low number for me and always screws up my day. The legal limit for driving is 5, but for me to go anywhere near a vehicle at this level would be a death wish.

Have a good day what's left of it which is lots.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who work on the frontline for the NHS.

A truly grotty 5.3 for me today, before you all panic with my medication this is a low number for me and always screws up my day. The legal limit for driving is 5, but for me to go anywhere near a vehicle at this level would be a death wish.

Have a good day what's left of it which is lots.
I hope things pick up for you alf and your numbers obey your wish to trend in the opposite direction to those for which most members fervently wish.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
A day to give best wishes and congratulations. @Ziggy2017 hope all goes well today. @DJC3 hope you HbA1c reflects all the effort and thought you have put in. @Goonergal great numbers again so the walking seems to have righted the good ship gooner. @Mbaker you always quietly turn in stellar stats but I know how much work lies behind those numbers. Great to see a proven link between hard work and success.@geefull you just keep knocking it out the park and grass cutting is the new rock n roll - I'm on the case today and tomorrow:woot:
Thanks ianpspurs everything has been good so far I’m just home now but I think the doctor is putting me on iron tablets,took a blood test for my vitamin B12 and when I go on holiday I have to be carful and wear lots of factor 50 sun cream (one of my meds can cause skin cancer if I’m not carful in the sun) and no more Diet Coke as the doctor says the caffeine in it will make my heart race but overall not bad results

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well lovely people, for those who know, I have felt very exhausted ( so much that it made me feel quite ill and fed up and I think i May have found the answer( tentatively- it’s only been on day of a miraculous change). I think it may be my blood pressure tablets. I did not take one today and cannot believe the difference- it’s been low ish over a few days of home testing. Gonna see doc in a few days. Hope I have found the solution as it’s not been fun for quite a while:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well lovely people, for those who know, I have felt very exhausted ( so much that it made me feel quite ill and fed up and I think i May have found the answer( tentatively- it’s only been on day of a miraculous change). I think it may be my blood pressure tablets. I did not take one today and cannot believe the difference- it’s been low ish over a few days of home testing. Gonna see doc in a few days. Hope I have found the solution as it’s not been fun for quite a while:)

Funnily enough I read an article on exactly the same thing in the paper this weekend: how taking bp tablets can cause this horrible but non-specific illness, even if one has been taking them without ill effects for ages, they can suddenly make you feel rubbish.

I really hope you’ve hit on the solution and start to feel properly better.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
A day to give best wishes and congratulations. @Ziggy2017 hope all goes well today. @DJC3 hope you HbA1c reflects all the effort and thought you have put in. @Goonergal great numbers again so the walking seems to have righted the good ship gooner. @Mbaker you always quietly turn in stellar stats but I know how much work lies behind those numbers. Great to see a proven link between hard work and success.@geefull you just keep knocking it out the park and grass cutting is the new rock n roll - I'm on the case today and tomorrow:woot:
Hi @ianpspurs thanks for your kind words, you are also working hard and taking care with your progress. I have been reviewing my data on Fitbit and Nokia to attempt to understand what I was doing in the 3rd week in February, as this was when I had the least fat and most muscle mass. I noticed 15 k walks and I was doing lots of squats to bicep curls to shoulder presses along with 100 push ups a day and less nuts and diary. So I am changing my 20 k steps down to 15 and now am into my heavy weights.