What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Stemar 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Apricots In A Tin, a story Follows reason!!!. Yogurt,
Hi Everyone,
I hope your all doing as well as you'd expect to be doing today, whilst dealing with this beast of a condition, we're all burdened with.

Well this morning my BGL's were 7.3 at 08.25 hrs, which was a real surprise as I had Pasta Carbonara for dinner last night so I was thinking my numbers this morning would of gone back into the 8's, or even the low 9's, but when my Meter read 7.3 I was blown away. All I can put it down to is that the Seafood in the Carbonara over ruled the adverse Contents of the Pasta, thankfully.

Last edited:

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funnily enough I read an article on exactly the same thing in the paper this weekend: how taking bp tablets can cause this horrible but non-specific illness, even if one has been taking them without ill effects for ages, they can suddenly make you feel rubbish.

I really hope you’ve hit on the solution and start to feel properly better.

Very interesting DJC3- on my 4 days of I will be researching this- thanks for the input there. It’s so wonderful to not feel so terrible xx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning.

My HbA1c is now 39 , down from 66 on diagnosis.
I joined this forum in Feb and eased myself into lchf over a few weeks of reading about it, I’m pleased as punch now and so relieved to find I can actually make a difference.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. HbA1c and general poking, prodding and finger waving this morning with Dora the diabetic nurse, a huge, trunchbull of a person, with a penchant for doughnuts :)
Should be interesting to see what overindulging on a cruise ship will bring.

Have a great day if you can :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some uplifting posts today which will brighten the gloom of my Fenland lair. 5.2 for me today which is the highest after 36 hrs fasting so far and above my fasting average. I guess something is amiss (good old Denis).
@DJC3 Wonderful news and you deserve it - Jersey Royals today methinks! @flexi06 glad to hear you feel better and I too had seen links between bp tablets and problems when low carbing and improving health markers. @Goonergal our paths seem to have bifurcated lately. You are streaking off like Mo F on speed and I am limping along in diving boots:banghead: @Mbaker great stats and really good info - obviously some of us need to scale carefully but careful analysis of others lifestyle brings progress cf @DJC3 @dunelm I imagine you to be more than a match for MsT and her Krispy Kremes:angelic:

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

never going to weigh myself in shorter periods than a week again,

got back from hols. on Friday morning, weighed myself, had lost 0.1Kg, weighed myself as I usually do on Monday , scales say I had put on 0.9Kg in 3 days :arghh:, weighed myself this morning, lost 0.4Kg since yesterday :banghead: dehydration/water retention - who knows? Ate what I usually do and did the usual amount of exercise.

Never mind, it's grey but it's not raining this morning and I have a doctor's appt. in the late morning (just a regular one, not diabetes related), and so mr. gee has offered lunch out :)

Have a decent day everyone :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today
never going to weigh myself in shorter periods than a week again,
Have a decent day everyone :)
Great fbg @geefull (as usual). Weight is interesting in its ups and downs. Mine has gone up 1.8 kgs and back down again in a week as part of the roller coaster my body is on. I am obsessive and weigh every morning which was my initial way of seeing progress - meter readings don't always match hba1c even though I obsess over those. You always seem to be serene and make me think of Paul Simon (some folks lives roll easy):angelic: bg wise anyhow

Last edited:

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.4 today. Have a mighty painful ear infection which is driving me to distraction. Lapsed on the floor excercises... so will return to that. And also keep a close eye on my carbs. I dont have a target, i am usually below 80 a day. But maybe try sticking to 70...to see if that helps. I know many of you will be below that. Dull here and cooler that of late, maybe a bit better for excercising. Have a great day.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Grey day here too...I hung the washing out last night and it was, oh so nearly dry and now its, well oh so nearly dry but do I bring it in or not? Anyhow according to my fit bit I walked 8.2 miles yesterday . Thats a walk along the beach as well as my usual daily activity. However a latish supper (8pM) has my fasting sugar levels at 6.4.....