Fibre

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Green veg, wholemeal bread. I can eat around 80-100g of carbs a day. Some cant. How low are you aiming for?

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Green veg, wholemeal bread. I can eat around 80-100g of carbs a day. Some cant. How low are you aiming for?
Not losing weight at the moment so thinking of getting rid of wholemeal bread but concerned about where to get fibre from if i do

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Why do you need fibre?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat 40-60g carbs/day, I incorporate seeds into my diet for fibre, mainly milled flaxseed, I stir a dessert spoonful into my meals, stirred into soups, curries etc.. I don’t even notice it’s there. I sometimes make chia pudding with chia seeds and I add more psyllium husk than the recipe calls for in low carb coconut ‘porridge’ that I eat for breakfast each day.

Reactions: kevkevkev and dbr10

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swede, butternut squash, courgettes, cabbage, beans, peas, lentils, carrots, cauliflower, aubergines, peppers etc

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't eat many veg at all. I get my fibre from ready ground flaxseed. I add it to my lunches mainly - tinned salmon, egg mayo, sliced in half cherry toms, cheese. I just sprinkle it on, like you might with salt and pepper. I would say about a dessertspoon. It can also go in soups and stews or casseroles. Apart from all the fibre, it is full of Omega 3, so it is win-win. I don't have any issues with the old bowels.