Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Out in my garden bringing the washing in and I found this poor little bedraggled soul..........
20180613_172343_resized.jpg so going to give him or her ( Birdie) a fighting chance, wing looks a little damaged though.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I still microwave it, then top and bake it as usual. You could bake the base first (in a proper ovenproof tin, I’ve just bought a small springform tin to try that with), it just takes longer, as it’s 20-30 minutes more baking time. Might dry out a little too much around the edges, perhaps.
Brill, I don't have a zapper machine!!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
In other news, ugh. I hate warm weather. BG up to 7.8, currently having a protein shake and trying to finish mending the ancestral patchwork quilt...
Love sewing and trying to save stuff

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
This thread is still going
what-is-was-your-blood-sugar-this-evening-and-this-morning.
If anyone fancies a post. @himtoo gave it a new boost

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to love porridge/Shredded Wheat of a morning but found DP and a continual morning rise, with big carbs on top, too much of a slog to conquer. So yog and berries it is. However, I have found that I can eat them in the evening if the mood takes me. Perhaps you could get your fix that way. Plus as has been said they are good for the heart.

Good idea !

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have 4 ryvita with red liecester cheese for breakfast and bgs stay pretty level i also have donor kebab every friday and bgs stay level no rise ...kebab for tea not breakfast i always found porridge or weetabix spiked me between 8-10mmol never tried it at diffrent times so will experiment

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have 4 ryvita with red liecester cheese for breakfast and bgs stay pretty level i also have donor kebab every friday and bgs stay level no rise ...kebab for tea not breakfast i always found porridge or weetabix spiked me between 8-10mmol never tried it at diffrent times so will experiment

I wish my spikes were 8-10!

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I did like Weetabix, just one for breakfast and that did me until lunchtime. For breakfast now I may have an Irish yogurt or a small piece of fruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I just hit 11.8, think the carbs must have leapt into my reheated curry from the potatoes my husband keeps in the cupboard under the microwave... have corrected but good old NovoSluggish is taking its sweet time. Trying hard not to rage bolus! :banghead:

Reactions: porl69

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because I would probably go low over night if I took 10 on a reading of below 6 before bed.

Quite interesting to me the level of flexibility this affords you. I split Lantus currently and am quite insulin sensitive - my team have mentioned Tresiba before now as a possibility for more stability than Lantus but I'm thinking of asking about Levemir now instead. I've had to make changes to my evening dose a few times up and down because of honeymoon but the change can take a couple of days to take effect.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Quite interesting to me the level of flexibility this affords you. I split Lantus currently and am quite insulin sensitive - my team have mentioned Tresiba before now as a possibility for more stability than Lantus but I'm thinking of asking about Levemir now instead. I've had to make changes to my evening dose a few times up and down because of honeymoon but the change can take a couple of days to take effect.
I wish I’d gone to the more flexible Levemir from Lantus than Tresiba in retrospect. I was getting stinging at my injection sites after 12 years on it, so needed a change. I need extra basal one week a month, and can’t do it with Tresiba, sadly. By the time it’s kicked in, I don’t need it any more!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did like Weetabix, just one for breakfast and that did me until lunchtime. Foe breakfast now I may have an Irish yogurt or a small piece of fruit.
Of a morning even a small piece of fruit spikes me dead high as ive said the ryvita and cheese keep me going till lunch at a steady level i save all my treat stuff till teatime as i dont spike as much for some reason then

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Of a morning even a small piece of fruit spikes me dead high as ive said the ryvita and cheese keep me going till lunch at a steady level i save all my treat stuff till teatime as i dont spike as much for some reason then
Maybe you’re more resistant to insulin in the mornings - I certainly am.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I actually spike more as the day goes on, but I am more active in the morning and then less into the late afternoon/evening. We are in the Type 1 club, but seem to have to adhere to different rules...... Being nosey, can I ask how much Insulin do you take for the ryvita's ?