Treatment type
Diet only

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
does this mean it will be free for them? I notice that any mention of the the price charge is still not coming up until after registration.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
In one of the Facebook groups I’m in, low carb has been described as a “cult” :banghead::banghead::banghead:

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
The Low Carb Program has been pivotal in making the case for a change in approach to dietary advice. In just over two years, the Low Carb Program has demonstrated a cost saving of £835 per person, per year, for each person that completes the programme through diabetes medication deprescription.

I'm pleased that money saving is the clincher.

Results show that people who complete the programme reduce HbA1c by 1.2 per cent (13mmol/mol), lose seven per cent of their body weight on average and one in four people ‘reserved’ or put their type 2 diabetes into remission.

Shame about the typo but delighted that real live people rather than lab rats have experienced the beneficial aspects of Low Carb. No longer should we hear of doctors telling their patients not to lower their carbs, unless they haven't read the memo.

Bobbs

I just subscribed to Low Carb Programme. What I disliked greatly was not being able to have a free trial. What works for one doesn’t work for all.
As far as it goes for me, I just don’t like it. I’m not sure why but I don’t. If I’d had a trial I wouldn’t have continues but by not giving a tried period your payment is guaranteed whether you hate it or not.
IMHO, not the fairest way, even if a preview was given. Only reason I kept going and bought it was because as a newly diagnosed T2 diabetic who has started on a low carb died I felt I “should”

To me, that’s £30 down the drain. That’s on top of all the other extras I’m getting and the higher cost of the low carb diet itself which I’m sure as I get used to it will settle.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just subscribed to Low Carb Programme. What I disliked greatly was not being able to have a free trial. What works for one doesn’t work for all.
As far as it goes for me, I just don’t like it. I’m not sure why but I don’t. If I’d had a trial I wouldn’t have continues but by not giving a tried period your payment is guaranteed whether you hate it or not.
IMHO, not the fairest way, even if a preview was given. Only reason I kept going and bought it was because as a newly diagnosed T2 diabetic who has started on a low carb died I felt I “should”

To me, that’s £30 down the drain. That’s on top of all the other extras I’m getting and the higher cost of the low carb diet itself which I’m sure as I get used to it will settle.
Me too! I paid the £30 had a look around the site, it wasn't for me.

What did work for me was reading the posts on this forum. From here I started looking up LCHF and keto. I moved on to reading about paleo which I initially thought it was a fad diet

From the day of diagnosis I cut out bread, potatoes, rice, pasta etc. I made loads of mistakes at the beginning, still do!

It was the wise words and encouragement on this site that kept me on the straight and narrow.

The general non forum information is second to none.

I was diagnosed we in 2011 as pre-diabetic but nobody told me. Who knows what damage has occurred between then and November when I got my score of 122.

I may end up blind or with bits chopped off but I will go down fighting.

If I hadn't found this forum, I wouldn't have had an HbA1c result of 35 after only 6 months.

Reactions: gemma_T1

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It seems that people who learn well from forums don't like the low carb program. This tell as little about the 99% of people who are not like us.

Reactions: xfieldok

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems that people who learn well from forums don't like the low carb program. This tell as little about the 99% of people who are not like us.

Ringi - Many, many people are simply not interested in interacting on an online forum. I have met a goodly number at various events, when fora are mentions, who either look horrified or petrified. FOra aren't for everyone, and of course some people really do appreciate the steady structured approach to their change, along with the trackers and the LC Prog has a question area of its own.

Just yet another example where one size doesn't fit all.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m clearly different then! I love this forum but I did need to be convinced by the low carb message and the programme for me kind of gave it a researched evidence based “feel” that helped me pitch it to my family who thought I was taking part in something which some thought nutty others a bit “cultish” and the Low carb programme did that for me. After four weeks yes I was ready for more but when I then moved on to IF and Keto which I did after a month I didn’t get the keto flu and it was seamless. I felt my hand was held especially as up to that date I’d never joined a forum either so Low carb programme brought me to this excellent forum. It helped it being free of course when I joined but I kept a lot of my key indicator records bgs weight bp etc on their dashboard so completed the programme so could continue to use their tools to record my progress. I now record in other places like mysugr but needed the learning that came from the programme
Just like all things we are all individuals and the programme is an excellent starting point for many.