What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those of a sensitive disposition, now crawl back into bed it's only 7:40 what are you doing out of bed at this time of day ?

5.9 for me this morning.

Well folks the rain deity has visited Reading hopefully he will visit somewhere else shortly, I have a motorbike to ride today.
Have a good one folks, try to be good because guess who's not hehehehe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Fathers day to all the lovely dads.

5.0 today, lowest I’ve had so a good start.

@Goonergal I’m so glad to hear you had a cramp free night. Are they in your legs? I used to get them in my calves when I was expecting my first child and omg the pain! Took my breath away quite literally, I couldn’t breathe so I sympathise wholeheartedly.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Fathers day to all the lovely dads.

5.0 today, lowest I’ve had so a good start.

@Goonergal I’m so glad to hear you had a cramp free night. Are they in your legs? I used to get them in my calves when I was expecting my first child and omg the pain! Took my breath away quite literally, I couldn’t breathe so I sympathise wholeheartedly.

Great number! Yes cramps in legs - shins, calves and feet. Horrid!

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hate the fact that most people think diabetes is down to weight and what you eat :(
I think what Prof Roy Taylor (Newcastle diet) is postulating is fatty liver and pancreas. He argues that if you can lose just one gram of visceral fat from the pancreas then it will improve insulin release. The programme in question was just a bit of sensationalism I thought. No mention of carbs and just images of the fat guy eating burgers.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I was 6 but I really feel I should not be concentrating on it right now as it depresses me if not in the 5's. I know this is not rational thinking but my life is turned upside down on the sudden loss of my mum two weeks ago, and until we have the funeral over (on Friday) I think I'd be best to leave off testing. At least I AM eating the right things still ... if eating at all that is! Sorry for the long and dull message. I felt I needed to say this. Good luck everyone with your testing/eating this weekend.
Sorry for your loss, take care of yourself

Reactions: flexi06

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@JMcB No, both my fasting and next reading fell and often the second reading was lower than fasting. Could I suggest not going straight to fasting and certainly not multi day fasting. Try OMAD (1 meal a day) first and see how that works.
Useful info. I started by sipping beef bone broth throughout the day and having one low carb meal. Worked a treat.

Reactions: JMcB and flexi06

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great number! Yes cramps in legs - shins, calves and feet. Horrid!

I was told to roll a bottle under my foot for a few minutes while sitting on the edge of the bed before going to sleep. I don’t know if that was specifically for calf cramps but it might be worth a try?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all those of a sensitive disposition, now crawl back into bed it's only 7:40 what are you doing out of bed at this time of day ?

5.9 for me this morning.

Well folks the rain deity has visited Reading hopefully he will visit somewhere else shortly, I have a motorbike to ride today.
Have a good one folks, try to be good because guess who's not hehehehe.
I've been up since 6 AM still trying to decide on what to have for breakfast, though being the only one up and about may hold off on that till one or more of the lazy slug a beds emerges.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been up since 6 AM still trying to decide on what to have for breakfast, though being the only one up and about may hold off on that till one or more of the lazy slug a beds emerges.
@JohnEGreen I fully sympathise I am often up hours before my Good Lady. In the winter when The Ashes was on it could be up to 4 hours earlier - that's an awful lot of tea! @dunelm I am doing a "finisher" approx 60 hrs fast now and have a big jug of bone broth ready and plenty of ACV to enhance. A supermarket has recently opened near us selling meaty bones and marrow bones. Added to our purchase of and Instant Pot bone broth is now a staple. Oh, and enjoy the bike prep and Father's Day - I used yesterday for mine as there was so much sport to watch.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
8.5 for me this morning. I don't think it's been above 7 at any point since the starting LCing at the end of March.
I was up at 5am'ish, but didn't have anything at all to eat or drink. Checked my FBG at 7'ish, 8.1 then washed my hands and it went 8.5. Then I decided to stop! :( I'm not really tempted to test now. Had two decent meals yesterday. Green beans, mince pork patty (lunch) and a small pork chop and creamed cabbage for supper.