What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Today I was 6 but I really feel I should not be concentrating on it right now as it depresses me if not in the 5's. I know this is not rational thinking but my life is turned upside down on the sudden loss of my mum two weeks ago, and until we have the funeral over (on Friday) I think I'd be best to leave off testing. At least I AM eating the right things still ... if eating at all that is! Sorry for the long and dull message. I felt I needed to say this. Good luck everyone with your testing/eating this weekend.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sudden loss, but please do take care of yourself. It's easy to slide off that wagon, and so very difficult to climb back on. It took me two years, and my loss wasn't sudden at all. I just became more and more depressed, knowing full well what was happening to my BG. I know it must be a tremendous shock to you, but I don't want that to happen to you or to anybody else. I hope you have somebody to lean on.

Reactions: Freema and flexi06

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a very bad start to the day. Blood sugar of 19 mm/l. It is my own fault because I didn't eat sensibly yesterday and I drank wine. So, it always boils down to the fact that it is just not worth it to temporarily break the rules because it just harms you a few hours later. I am trying to go for the low carb diet, but because bread has been such a staple part of my diet, I am finding it hard. But very determined to persevere. Not worth waking up to the blood sugar level I had this morning. Also cutting out alcohol - it is a difficult balance as it s and alcohol just makes it that much harder to manage.

There is a low carb bread from Waitrose/ Ocado.com called LivLife Bread.

It’s only 3.6g of carb per slice.

There are also lots of low carb “Keto”
bread recipes on YouTube.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today I was 6 but I really feel I should not be concentrating on it right now as it depresses me if not in the 5's. I know this is not rational thinking but my life is turned upside down on the sudden loss of my mum two weeks ago, and until we have the funeral over (on Friday) I think I'd be best to leave off testing. At least I AM eating the right things still ... if eating at all that is! Sorry for the long and dull message. I felt I needed to say this. Good luck everyone with your testing/eating this weekend.

Sorry for your loss Mal37, please stay strong and take care of yourself.

Reactions: Mal37

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've found 3 things give me leg cramp. Lack of water, lack of salt or too much/unusual exercise. Of course figuring out which is the cause is always an issue!

And sitting still drinking salt water is not a very appealing prospect!

good@Goonergal - have a hug from me, I used to get cramp fairly often when I first started walking a lot more, in the usual calf muscles of course but also, weirdly, in my second toes and the long muscle that crosses down the front inside of the thigh (that one is an absolute b. to get rid of :arghh:). Thankfully it's been much better since I started taking a vitamin and mineral supplement and soaking my feet in warm water with epsom salts twice a week.

Thanks. Hug gratefully accepted. I had a long spell of getting them every night but thought I had scared them off with magnesium supplements, only for them to mysteriously reappear at the end of last week. Upped magnesium and seem to have subsided again.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a low carb bread from Waitrose/ Ocado.com called LivLife Bread.

It’s only 3.6g of carb per slice.

There are also lots of low carb “Keto”
bread recipes on YouTube.

For anybody interested I made some Leto bread ( 90 seconds in microwave) made of almond flour (3tbs) 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1 egg. I used it as a burger bun - I was amazed at how much like bread it was. Pretty cool

Reactions: Ziggy2017 and Mal37

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
New strategy today up early breakfast vertually zero carbs took medication including preds straight away followed vlc all day so far, less than 10 grams of carb all day tested just now after dinner BG 4.4 err wow except now feel hypoish .

Oh yes forgot to mention the small glass of whiskey oh and the little drop of merlot.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I'm so sorry to hear about your sudden loss, but please do take care of yourself. It's easy to slide off that wagon, and so very difficult to climb back on. It took me two years, and my loss wasn't sudden at all. I just became more and more depressed, knowing full well what was happening to my BG. I know it must be a tremendous shock to you, but I don't want that to happen to you or to anybody else. I hope you have somebody to lean on.
I am sorry to hear what a bad time you had. It's good to share these thyings though as we don't feel so alone with it. I am trying my best (and succeeding) with eating properly, but the shock has been overwhelming and I still cannot take it in fully. I shall be lost without her as I saw her almost every morning for a coffee and chat up until she went into hospital. She would want me to look after myself though so it's the best incentive

Reactions: Freema

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For anybody interested I made some Leto bread ( 90 seconds in microwave) made of almond flour (3tbs) 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1 egg. I used it as a burger bun - I was amazed at how much like bread it was. Pretty cool

Please share the recipe thank you

Reactions: flexi06

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
New strategy today up early breakfast vertually zero carbs took medication including preds straight away followed vlc all day so far, less than 10 grams of carb all day tested just now after dinner BG 4.4 err wow except now feel hypoish .

Oh yes forgot to mention the small glass of whiskey oh and the little drop of merlot.

Merlot mmmm

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I am sorry to hear what a bad time you had. It's good to share these thyings though as we don't feel so alone with it. I am trying my best (and succeeding) with eating properly, but the shock has been overwhelming and I still cannot take it in fully. I shall be lost without her as I saw her almost every morning for a coffee and chat up until she went into hospital. She would want me to look after myself though so it's the best incentive

Another big hug for you. You come across as a very strong person, and I hope you're surrounded by loving and supportive people. I've no doubt she would want you to look after yourself.

Reactions: flexi06 and DJC3