Type 1'stars R Us

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_1529318574.346859.jpg

What is stopping the insulin from working? 2 corrections and still not going down.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
View attachment 27194
What is stopping the insulin from working? 2 corrections and still not going down.
Impossible to say, it’s one of the most frustrating things about T1. Could you maybe have a hot shower or bath? That often kicks it into action for me. But try not to “rage bolus” it into submission.

Assuming it’s not your time of the month ;)

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Impossible to say, it’s one of the most frustrating things about T1. Could you maybe have a hot shower or bath? That often kicks it into action for me. But try not to “rage bolus” it into submission.

Assuming it’s not your time of the month ;)

Haha. No, I’m being careful but unfortunately it’s lunch time so back on the rollercoaster again. And it’s gonna be a carby one. Nothing in the house but pasta!

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. Yeah I’ve just run up and down the stairs 10 times and walked down the track to get signal to make a phone call (we are remote here) and the insulin is working now. Weird. Sometimes it seems like it needs waking up or something.
Now I've been saying to my OH for ages that it seems like novorapid sits in my system doing f-all until I start to move. Then bam - floods system and drops me from 14 to hypo in less than an hour. Can't be injection sites with me because I've only been diagnosed for 10 months.

This thread is really cheering me up about my unstable BG levels. Makes me realise I'm not alone

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Just be careful of stacking too much or you might have one of them lovely falling off the top of Everest drops out of nowhere and knock yourself out. If you can I'd suggest going for a short walk or something.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just be careful of stacking too much or you might have one of them lovely falling off the top of Everest drops out of nowhere and knock yourself out. If you can I'd suggest going for a short walk or something.

Yeah thanks I don’t want that. I’m about to stack some carbs in so should be ok. I’ll take my normal ratio for lunch and then see how we are mid afternoon. This thread is fascinating because I didn’t think EVERYBODY had these kinds of ups and downs. I thought you guys were all ninjas.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yeah thanks I don’t want that. I’m about to stack some carbs in so should be ok. I’ll take my normal ratio for lunch and then see how we are mid afternoon. This thread is fascinating because I didn’t think EVERYBODY had these kinds of ups and downs. I thought you guys were all ninjas.

Nah, not a ninja in sight! Some days I’m convinced I’ve got it nailed, and then the diabetes fairy kicks me in the ****. In 20 years of T1, I have only had three 24hour periods then I’ve stayed completely within my range.

Three.

Out of 7,341 days with it.

0.04%

:meh:

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
I'm a viking, not a ninja. Rushing in head first and just burn things down. ;)