Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I’d love to have the confidence to do it in my arms.

I do it all the time, back of arm, stick pen in, a couple of finger walks up the pen and press down, count to 10, done and dusted. Mind you, when I smashed up my left wrist, it was very difficult to do things, finger pricking ,insulin injections, a bit of a nightmare :wideyed:

Reactions: Cumberland
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just a warning - the arm, particularly if you are very lean, can be extremely painful for some people. If I get it in the wrong place I can get huge bruises, almost like blood blisters.

Sometimes I get bruises on all my injection sites, but will leave out arms from the weekend, as my daughter is getting married and I don't want bruises showing.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’d love to have the confidence to do it in my arms.

Something that really helped me when I started using my arms was to rest my arm on the desk/table/insert hard object here in front of me, with my arm bent at a 95 degree angle, but fairly relaxed, then just slip the needle in to the back of my arm. I'm right handed, so I got good at doing it in my left arm, with my right hand, first. For me, the lower half of my upper arm is better.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just read through today's posts from everyone and I've gotta say this thread is probably the best thing to happen to this forum regarding us T1's in a very long time.
Absolutely no bulls**t, just plain honest everyday living with our problems and challenges.
This is the real picture any newbie needs to see, give them the chance to understand that it isn't all doom and gloom.
We can have fun and live our lives even when our BS numbers drift away from somewhere between 4 and 7.
No one questioning or advising without being asked just that knowing and understanding that we have about each other.
We are T1' s and that's all we need to know about each other.:):):)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I've just read through today's posts from everyone and I've gotta say this thread is probably the best thing to happen to this forum regarding us T1's in a very long time.
Absolutely no bulls**t, just plain honest everyday living with our problems and challenges.
This is the real picture any newbie needs to see, give them the chance to understand that it isn't all doom and gloom.
We can have fun and live our lives even when our BS numbers drift away from somewhere between 4 and 7.
No one questioning or advising without being asked just that knowing and understanding that we have about each other.

Exactly

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

A lovely post @therower, I thought it would be a good to start the thread, we DO have high levels and we don't feel too embarrassed about posting them, the hypo's too, with work, food, carb counting, a lifetime of injections, finger pricking, pumping or hormones, exercise, pregnancy, menopause, stress, the daily battle that another person with exactly the same condition can relate to. Sad when we get it wring and elated when we mange to get it right, It's all relevant and I just wanted to create a nice place for us, as Type 1 'ninja's' :p to bond together with banter, laughs and sometimes a good ole moan .............. nothing more, nothing less and definitely no hidden agenda's, as it can be such a hard slog at times.
btw, I was listening to Simply Red's Star's album and thought I would be nice added it to the title :):singing:

Last edited:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A better day for me as I've been fairly stable all day, I got back to the gym too, Car fault's not a snapped cam belt either which is a relief :)

Tea was a home cooked chicken Thai & rice with a little spike as I didn't wait long enough after my injection, but soon levelled off.

And yes, top thread and tbh I'm shocked other folk have spikes and hypos as I thought it was only me :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
And the end of a rotten day! Strangely cheering to read nearly everyone here’s had highs today. 12 last night 18, so big bolus. 3 am 15 so more bolus. The gut reaction, probably to my own veg curry, 7.30. 9.30, 4.6. Tired all day.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Can’t wait. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace . . . Unless it’s a good’un then it flies by