What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Here on the East coast it feels like its going to be another sunshine fest. During the winter months , or rather during the months of greyness I found fasting a real problem. A state of mind I guess but somehow in the sun eating less is not so much of an issue. Yesterday I ate lightly. This mornings level is 5.9. Enjoy your day if you possibly can.....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning which in itself is passable. Experiment time right now so 2 slices Hovis low carb bread last night along with belly pork in a sandwich and salad veg and 200 gms Waitrose 1 strawberries and cream.High 30s possibly nudging 40 gms carb and sitting around. No attempt to dull the hit with alcohol. Call the experiment an escape with minor damage.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those of undiagnosed gender.

A worrying low 5.3 for me this morning.

Well folks have a great day, here in Reading we or I will be experimenting late this afternoon with our new shredder and slow cooker. I shall try shredding the protein packed protein then putting it in the slow cooker, I think our evening meal will be late and Mrs J will have given up and dined on Chinese takeaway again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning- this is my first venture out of the newbie forum. Seems like a good place to start.
5.8 to start my day. Happy with that. Was 9.7 when diagnosed 5 weeks ago.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Welcome @Chris / Yorkshire and congratulations on a rapid turn around excellent work

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a slightly confusing 6.2 this morning as I have been in bed since 5pm last night feeling decidedly unwell and was fully expecting to be high this morning before my drive to work. Ahh well see what delights today brings.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, a slightly confusing 6.2 this morning as I have been in bed since 5pm last night feeling decidedly unwell and was fully expecting to be high this morning before my drive to work. Ahh well see what delights today brings. Take care everyone.
Hug for the feeling unwell not the better than expected reading @johnpol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning, which is ok. Off to chat to the surgeon today about whether or not they want to replace my shoulder.
Enjoy the day :)
@HarrisonK The shoulder replacement sounds severe, painful and stressful so best of luck with that. @Cumberland do you usually feel ill at that level or are you telling us you have recovered from something?