What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 today
Woken up to a very quiet and strange house today as our dog Tilly died yesterday. She wasn’t very big but somehow filled the house with her presence.

@ianpspurs Ive left belated birthday greetings on the food thread but I hope you had a good day, it certainly sounds as if you did.
Sorry for your loss. :( My first dog I had from when she was a puppy and I was about nine years old when she passed I was married with a child so was a traumatic experience when she did pass.

Reactions: DJC3 and OrsonKartt

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I don't think so, as I have had "normal" sugars in the morning, but I'm at a loss at the minute. I have my annual review later this month (I think) so I will be asking some questions.
Oh ok I have no idea then sorry

Reactions: johnpol

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, after a fasting day which I've kind of been promising myself since Christmas this mornings blood sure are 5.6 or 5.7 depends which machine I believe. ........................... I must do this more often and stop thinking of ridiculous excuses to not do it. ................................ ...Loving this sunshine , hope you all manage to have the best possible day you can....

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning folks, on my 3rd day without my blood pressure med. I feel a bit more normal today- I always stop my body med when I lose weight but not usually this amount of weight ( I’ve lost 2 stone, before it’s been 3 or 4) however my blood pressure at that lower weight drops but at this weight it’s still fluctuating- I don’t care though. I cannot live with that crushing fatigue.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops - droning on forgot main purpose- 6.4 this am -had a Chinese takeaway- too tired to cook and to foggy to decide what to make.
@flexi06 Very sorry to hear of your plight. You always radiate positivity and your exercise log shows how hard you are working. I wish I could help but maybe some of the tribal elders on here will have a helpful hint or two

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
4.1 @ 07.36 (LCHF dream whilst I was in Abu - Dhabi, ribs and steak out of this world, and deli counters with tuna, salmon (several ways), salads. There was of course loads of carbs, but just as much LCHF choices.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
A bright sunny morning greeted me today for my birthday and A1C day. I have a nasty feeling my lab results will make my postings present me as some kind of serial fantasist but honestly guv they are real. 4.5 today and my overall average for this period is at my own target so naturally the actual results will be worse. Have a great day.

During my keyboard practice session this morening I played a belated " happy birthday to you " did you hear it ? Cambridge is not that far Reading if you used light years as a scale.
In true tradition I played all the notes but yep you guessed.
I would have played it yesterday but I skipped, hopped and missed practice yesterday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 @ 07.36 (LCHF dream whilst I was in Abu - Dhabi, ribs and steak out of this world, and deli counters with tuna, salmon (several ways), salads. There was of course loads of carbs, but just as much LCHF choices.
Great numbers as usual @Mbaker. I couldn't resist so sorry in advance. Sounds like UK Delis don't have good LCHF food but Abu-Dhabi do:angelic:

Reactions: flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
During my keyboard practice session this morening I played a belated " happy birthday to you " did you hear it ? Cambridge is not that far Reading if you used light years as a scale.
In true tradition I played all the notes but yep you guessed.
I would have played it yesterday but I skipped, hopped and missed practice yesterday.
Strangely, @alf_Josiah, a melodious sound wafted across Grunty Fen (it does exist) and the evil black hen that Stephen King created said "that must be your mate alf". Did you also play Bring me sunshine?

Reactions: geefull and flexi06

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today
Woken up to a very quiet and strange house today as our dog Tilly died yesterday. She wasn’t very big but somehow filled the house with her presence.

@ianpspurs Ive left belated birthday greetings on the food thread but I hope you had a good day, it certainly sounds as if you did.

Sorry for your loss of your beloved dog

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today
So sorry to hear that very sad news. It's an awful time for you. Hope you are ok.