My Son Has Pre Diabetes.... What Now ?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But does it take into account what we ate before ? As my son didn't eat all of his pack lunch in the afternoon, I just want to give the Endo a clear picture.
Record what he ate and then record the blood sugar figures. All data is useful.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Record what he ate and then record the blood sugar figures. All data is useful.
This. As a T1, on insulin, I get asked to keep a food diary and blood sugars before diabetic appointments.....

His slightly elevated hbA1C will be caused by blood sugars that arise from times when he's eaten all his dinner and times when he hasn't.... Normal eating includes times when kids are picky and don't finish their food. (I was a very picky eater as a child, luckily I grew out of it as soon as I left home.)

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
for 4 times a week, Fasting, pre-meals and after two hour meals,
sorry, i dont quite understand this bit.

4 times a week? or 4 times a day? fasting, pre-meals and post meals is more than 4 times a day. perhaps you could ring the endo secretary and get some clarification on this, especially as your son is needle phobic.

Thewomanintrouble

sorry, i dont quite understand this bit.

4 times a week? or 4 times a day? fasting, pre-meals and post meals is more than 4 times a day. perhaps you could ring the endo secretary and get some clarification on this, especially as your son is needle phobic.

Sorry, take his blood 3 X a day (fasting/waking, pre meal dinner and after two hours dinner) for four times a week.