1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My Son Has Pre Diabetes.... What Now ?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Thewomanintrouble, Jul 2, 2018.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Record what he ate and then record the blood sugar figures. All data is useful.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This. As a T1, on insulin, I get asked to keep a food diary and blood sugars before diabetic appointments.....

His slightly elevated hbA1C will be caused by blood sugars that arise from times when he's eaten all his dinner and times when he hasn't.... Normal eating includes times when kids are picky and don't finish their food. (I was a very picky eater as a child, luckily I grew out of it as soon as I left home.)

3. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This thread?????????????????????

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

sorry, i dont quite understand this bit.

4 times a week? or 4 times a day? fasting, pre-meals and post meals is more than 4 times a day. perhaps you could ring the endo secretary and get some clarification on this, especially as your son is needle phobic.

5. Thewomanintrouble

Thewomanintrouble · Well-Known Member

Sorry, take his blood 3 X a day (fasting/waking, pre meal dinner and after two hours dinner) for four times a week.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook