What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today
Getting ready to go to the T20 Middv vs Gloucs cricket
Havent been to watch cricket for years and I’m really looking forward to it. Packing a lovely low carb picnic and a couple of bottles of wine and lots of suncream.
@DJC3 Enjoy the cricket maybe not the purist form of the game but once again showing exquisite taste. Also gave me an idea of something to do - watch T20 while exercise biking. I was going to use today as a rest day but tomorrow will do. Thanks! Guess I could go buy a waistcoat:angelic:

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@DJC3 Enjoy the cricket maybe not the purist form of the game but once again showing exquisite taste. Also gave me an idea of something to do - watch T20 while exercise biking. I was going to use today as a rest day but tomorrow will do. Thanks! Guess I could go buy a waistcoat:angelic:

It’s pure enough - bat v ball. I love all forms of cricket, I can’t walk past a game without stopping to watch at least an over. T20 is so exciting.
Enjoy your day out @DJC3 - looks like a good day for batting so may be a high scoring game.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all from Sweden yep you was robbed and Mr Edmund's you was robbed also.

A 7.4 for me this morning.

Well folks remember their is more to life than sporting events on the idiot box.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s pure enough - bat v ball.
Good man for loving cricket. To me logic says it must be heavily skewed towards batsmen to make it spectator friendly. I would have loved that being mostly a top 4 batsman but I can see how it has to be that way to retain crowds.
@alf_Josiah "Well folks remember their is more to life than sporting events on the idiot box." True but that is a huge part of what makes the rest bearable. Proper sh*tshow out there absent the football - IMHO:angelic:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

No not the purist form maybe, but a cracking day out. My husband is a Yorkshireman and pines for the long drawn out Geoff Boycott games but I like seeing a bit of action.

I doubt you’ll find a waistcoat in M&S now for love nor money!

Good idea to watch while pedalling away, you’ll be the winner today as I will only have done minimal steps to the bar or the loo today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No not the purist form maybe, but a cracking day out. My husband is a Yorkshireman and pines for the long drawn out Geoff Boycott games but I like seeing a bit of action.

Good idea to watch while pedalling away, you’ll be the winner today as I will only have done minimal steps to the bar or the loo today.
@DJC3 Boycs was right on many things! As i told teams I coached, you don't score runs in the pavilion:angelic: M and S would not be my choice of outlet. Local market town(s) have gents outfitters for the gentry. Waistcoats for all - median size portly to full on corporation;)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

Bit overcast here today but may get a bit of gardening done at mum's before lunch then perhaps a dog walk after it. Simple lunch today, a crustless quiche with salad followed by cheesecake for mr gee and his mum and blueberries and yoghurt for me.

If we get a shower it will do the gardens good, all the grass here is looking parched.
I looked across the firth out of the bedroom window last night and could see the flames from the fire(s) in Sutherland raging :( pretty depressing but hopefully no homes lost as it is mainly the hillside and a tree plantation I believe. Less wind this morning so perhaps that will help too.

@ianpspurs - snap! what a team ;)

Have a pleasant day everyone :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 5.9 for me this morning:) My usual higher reading on a Sunday after my "treats" on a Saturday night. I'm also very busy on a Saturday afternoon and night so that could make them go up a bit as well. Still very happy with my results though.:happy:Have a good day all:) To all our friends on here that are not feeling their best, be positive and get well soon. ;) and stay :cool:.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You can get a new M&S waistcoat in the Oxfam online shop for twenty quid!

Screenshot 2018-07-08 at 11.10.33.png

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Phil just trying to wait it out till Friday hopefully the dr will have an answer

Hi @Ziggy2017, I hope you get some relief soon. If you cant hang on, don’t hesitate to use the A&E at the hospital. The standard blood tests cover a lot.

Although everyone is different and everyone’s condition is different, I had 2 years of abdominal pain. Went to A&E a number of times. But I wish I went more often when I had symptoms. Best of luck.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Boycs was right on many things! As i told teams I coached, you don't score runs in the pavilion:angelic: M and S would not be my choice of outlet. Local market town(s) have gents outfitters for the gentry. Waistcoats for all - median size portly to full on corporation;)

And would you have ‘it’s coming home’ in tiny writing down the pinstripe?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
And would you have ‘it’s coming home’ in tiny writing down the pinstripe?
I would but I suspect the "nice boys" in those emporia would have a fit of the vapours. Not pinstripe more a none too subtle yellow or red methinks - farmers don't do pinstripe

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3