Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would lifting a big TV camera and a massive tripod on my shoulders and running around all day like a headless chicken count? Oh and Yoga every morning of course?

Definitely!
Sounds like the yoga is an essential start to the day with all that headless chicken stuff coming later.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Barely scraped 10k steps today, felt so lethargic in this heat I just couldn’t motivate myself to move.

1 hr rehab gym class this morning, I love this hour, apart from feeling I’ve had a really good workout at the end, it’s also a really good laugh. The PT who runs it and the Macmillan nurse who supports us are very funny people and the laughter benefits us as much as the exercise I think.

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Warmer but far less humid today here. In numbers today might seem a bit more energetic but yesterday had a bigger impact presumably due to humidity? Still to do chicken lock up and check boundaries so will be 15K steps. 30 mins HIIT on stationary bike only 6 sprints not 8 but all in max zone according to HRM. May not be that good but would have seemed amazing 3 years ago.

Reactions: kev-w and Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Warmer but far less humid today here. In numbers today might seem a bit more energetic but yesterday had a bigger impact presumably due to humidity? Still to do chicken lock up and check boundaries so will be 15K steps. 30 mins HIIT on stationary bike only 6 sprints not 8 but all in max zone according to HRM. May not be that good but would have seemed amazing 3 years ago.

Sounds pretty good to me!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Woe. woe and a thousand times woe.

I have a horrid suspicion my left Achilles tendon is about to play up as it's been sore all day. Which is bad news on a number of fronts... I'd been planning at least two, if not three weeks worth of good long walks, plus as an organist, I need feet as well as hands in good working order.

I think taking things easy and resting up more than I'd planned this weekend is probably the sensible plan. It's also the last weekend of term before students finish until September - traditionally, this is a "rest weekend" but I was needing to work off some bad temper after a week of being sorely tempted to express my thoughts more freely than is professional.

*Japes takes self off to sulk*

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Woe. woe and a thousand times woe.

I think taking things easy and resting up more than I'd planned this weekend is probably the sensible plan. I was needing to work off some bad temper after a week of being sorely tempted to express my thoughts more freely than is professional.

*Japes takes self off to sulk*
Hope the Achilles improves with rest and from an ex teacher well done for biting your lip and temper often evaporates with a little reflection/prayer

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope the Achilles improves with rest and from an ex teacher well done for biting your lip and temper often evaporates with a little reflection/prayer

Indeed my temper usually does subside pretty easily with such measures, with the assistance a good long walk! Still, there's always a house and garden for physical activity of a different variety should my temper not quite have evaporated whilst resting!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just about got over the 10k mark today ( 10.453 steps) due to an evening stroll where I met an adorable cockapoo and played fetch with him for a bit.
No other exercise today I’m afraid.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last few steps left pootling about the garden, watering flowers (I hate flowers and moan every time but my dear wife wants flowers) locking up chickens so will make 10K steps. Earlier did 30 mins static bike including 20 mins on the track program. Chest HRM gave me 115 bpm average so I'll take that as my 20 mins cardio.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Finished the week at 190 miles on my bikes. Calling that good enough. Needing to mow the lawn, but wanting to swim at the pool.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jollymon kudos to you for the mileage this week. Is your grass needing to be cut then as no one in this area is actually cutting their grass? You will be rolling around laughing at my effort today but it represent a significant step up for me. I was going for 2 sets of the track program level 1 on my exercise bike. At the end of 1st session I pressed button for round 2 but no action so I pressed hard and got level 3. 30 not 20 minutes and harder. Very pleased I finished it for 52 mins and average hr 125 mostly at 70% + max ht. I will also clock up 12K plus steps. Not in the jollmon, kevw or johnpol class but a step up for me. Think it proves I have been leaving too much on the field previously.

Reactions: Jollymon and DJC3

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been avoiding this thread as my training this last month's gone from bad to worse, but I got back to the gym today on the right day for the right body part so I'm pleased.

Monday, warm ups lightish chest, flat dumb bell press from 22kg to 32kg in 2kg increases, 5 reps on the heaviest set, 10-12 the rest, 3 sets on a plate press machine, 5 sets of flys and 4 sets of pull overs.

I could feel the affects of the recent poor regime in both strength and stamina this evening and I'm still on the push bike, but anyway, it was good to go back today for the fresh start. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all, hot again today here but next 2 days should be cooler. Plan was for a rest day today and it worked with a basic 12K steps. Hope you all had good days.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench last night still on my programme so 100kg 5x4 (felt nice and easy as well which was surprising) followed with decline 120kg 3x8 then biceps straight bar curl 45kg 3x12, dumbbell curls 25kg 3x8 and hammer curls to finish 30kg 3x6 and relax.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Light back today, I took a blood of 12 into the gym but it was at 10 when I'd finished, and I was finished....

Not the most ideal work out as the machines were being used when I wanted them so did things backwards and mixed up, and again was noticeably weaker, I maybe need some spinach :p

Reactions: DJC3 and Japes

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Light back today, I took a blood of 12 into the gym but it was at 10 when I'd finished, and I was finished....

Not the most ideal work out as the machines were being used when I wanted them so did things backwards and mixed up, and again was noticeably weaker, I maybe need some spinach :p
Doubt very much if you need spinach bud - a medal maybe:) Yesterday I managed my geriatric swimming and 13K steps. Last swimming lesson for me until September, different teacher today and I learned more so bit of a blow.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been politely ignoring this thread recently, as it’s been so hot I haven’t been able to morivate myself to move much. But I’ve told myself to get on with ir and post here no matter how feeble in the hope it’ll encourage me again.
So yesterday was a scant 10k steps
15mins leg raises, balance, squats etc.
Spent the last 2 hrs of the evening watching drivvel on tv but getting up and going up and downstairs when the ads came on.

Reactions: flexi06

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Typically self effacing. Keeping going in tough times are what makes winners - putting in the hard yards. Translate the miles, kgs etc of others to your own abilities - don't compare extrapolate. Them's my onions anyhowup!:angelic:

Thank you, sometimes it’s hard not to compare oneself unfavourably, but I know that’s daft.
I’m doing more than I used to ( previous life: drove to work, sat down, drove home, drank bottle of wine) and I’m much healthier than I was, which is what counts as you so rightly point out.
I like being a part of this thread as although I don’t post every day - it’s always at the back of my mind, making me think about what exercise I’ve done today.
Thanks for your support ( as always)