Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started the day by following an exercise blog on My Fitness Pal ( 6 exercises you should do every day) took about 20mins and I felt it was useful.
Walked the 2 miles or so to pilates class (1hr class) caught the bus back as it was so hot by then ( although bus was boiling)
Just over 12k steps in all. Still nowhere near your league @flexi06

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Chest day for me, I felt a little weak before I started my warm up which was ok but my first set of dumbbell press with the 30kg's felt very heavy for all of 8 reps, the 32s went up and down 4 times then I dropped to 28s to 24s and just did reps, then my shoulder started screaming on the press machine so I did some basic bench press with light weights, I finished with a few sets of flys, but lighter than usual then crawled home just in time for the football and my tea.

Legs tomorrow :p which will also be a light session if the heat stays....

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to smile at the phrase "I have given some strategies" in my letter from the clinic today. This was in response to the explanation I'd given for mild hypos, which all occur when I'm out walking, and which I do now deal with very easily and can usually head them off before they get going now. (Give less NovoRapid when I know I'm going to walk, have a 15 - 20g carbs snack if I'm unlikely to manage an unexpected walk of an hour or so. Correct as advised if high at bedtime - only happened twice.) And, I'd worked it out all by myself before such strategies were suggested.

I do seem to be a drop lower, faster, in the heat kind of soul which I've been watching over the last few days, hence the early morning/late evening walks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@kev-w surely the legs did some good work with 6 miles cycling as well and with the heat top effort. @Japes Good news about managing bg and walking in this hot spell.
I managed 16K steps today which sounds OK but I'm not sure there is much benefit health wise just now. Not giving up just musing.

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive just about managed 10k steps, too much driving and kitchen pottering so only managed 1 proper short walk.
1 hr rehab gym class which looks gentle to onlookers but I always come away with aching limbs so must be doing good.

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I cranked out my legs for 30 minutes on my bike this morning. I had Wendy on the trainer- she’s a lovely blue tt bike. Walked at lunch time for 20 minutes and then again after dinner. Very very hot here, so walked after dinner on the treadmill.

Planning to attempt to ride early tomorrow morning because the whole weekend is supposed to be extremely hot.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cranked out an effort on my bike this morning. Plowing through the humidity was crazy. Hooked up with other athletes who had the same idea- get it done early. It was nice to have others to talk to. Every stop needed a shower out of a water bottle.

I’ve got a shoulder with fresh skin on it from a spill a while back. That new skin did not like the sun today. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone sleeveless, but it is sooo hot!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cranked out an effort on my bike this morning. Plowing through the humidity was crazy. Hooked up with other athletes who had the same idea- get it done early. It was nice to have others to talk to. Every stop needed a shower out of a water bottle.

I’ve got a shoulder with fresh skin on it from a spill a while back. That new skin did not like the sun today. Maybe I shouldn’t have gone sleeveless, but it is sooo hot!
Thought about a hug for the shoulder but decided on winner for getting " it done early"

Reactions: kev-w and flexi06

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The proper heat finally came to Fenland so after early dog walk just steps around the garden. watering etc. Only chickens to lock up safely - 2 houses along alerted me to a badger on the prowl - but will manage 14K iish steps.

Reactions: kev-w and flexi06

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11,000 steps today: around 5 miles which isn’t bad as there were only 2 intentional walks, the rest is incidental.

Did some weeding but tried to make myself squat while doing it rather than kneeling, every little helps as the saying goes.

Reactions: kev-w and Japes

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Somewhat achy as I've done two days worth of walking today - well worth getting up early to get out before the heat really got going, then did the rest this evening when I knew where the shade was going to be!

The bus routes my side of the city are all being messed about with later this month, which has caused me much angst - not only do I lose my current best bus route to work, as it's being re-routed about halfway along, and current second best route will now take at least ten minutes longer, but I will need to re-think some walking/shopping routes, as some of the bus routes are changing quite a lot.

Is this a plot to ensure I keep walking... as it's seriously looking as if I will be quicker walking to work. Which is fine when everything else is fine, but not when blood sugars are messing my morning about!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Japes The hug is for the inconvenience of bus rerouting but a winner for the walking. @Jollymon interesting take on that activity unless you mean resisting filling trolley with carb high food or purchases not needed O/T love the French word for these- chariot:)

Reactions: kev-w

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
They have meat at the grocery. And I like to grill it! I also must have some chocolate, or someone is going to get hurt...

The membership for grocery cart resistance training has to be paid each and everytime at checkout. I try to only shop 1x per week, so my membership is quite pricey. And the cart gets heavy!

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Finished the week at just under 152 miles- sorry, but I don’t know how many kilometers that is. This might Peg me as an out-of-towner.

Heading to the pool after lunch to cool off with a swim. It’s still hot here.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes The hug is for the inconvenience of bus rerouting but a winner for the walking.

Thank you - there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth about it all at church this morning. Especially as new timetables haven't been released yet, and those who rely on buses to get to church (about 1/3 of my little lot) are understandably anxious. We already have several who are there unreasonably early and don't get why I, as organist, am not in a chatty mood when trying to get me, the music and my blood sugars all settled and sorted! I'm not anxious for more early, bored people who want entertaining whilst I'm working... (luckily, I'm only a five-minute walk away.)

I went for the most gloriously solitary, rural walk this afternoon. For a city dweller and lover, I live near enough to some lovely green spaces, a vast array of hidden paths and can be on public footpaths going through fields within five minutes. I went nearly two hours before encountering human beings again and my soul is much restored.

Reactions: DJC3

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Finished the week at just under 152 miles- sorry, but I don’t know how many kilometers that is. This might give me away as an out-of-towner.

Heading to the pool after lunch to cool off with a swim. It’s still hot here.

About 240 kilometres for those who work in them. Me, I do miles! Of which I have walked 78 this week...

Reactions: kev-w and Jollymon

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A steady 11k steps today ( around 5 miles) which included tagging along with bemused dog walkers as I miss being out with a dog.

Did 15 minutes general exercises this morning before it got too hot: squats, lunges, plank, push ups ( on knees , cant do proper ones) superman and balance leg raises.
Tonight Ive done @johnpol ‘s core exercises before bed. I’m too hot now, should have done them earlier.

Reactions: kev-w