Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats last night, second week in a row!! still takes 30mins of trying to get under the bar, and the pain in my shoulders is off the scale, but I manage and had some proper technique coaching last night which resulted in some "excellent" (coaches words not mine) squats. Plan in place now for the next 6wks until eye surgery. 70kg 8x5 with 9sets of singles as well. Must admit am feeling very happy with myself for persevering with it, as it will soon be November.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A question for the clued up members on here. Is the time it takes heart rate to return to starting level after vigorous exercise a good measure of fitness/improvement in fitness? Thanks

Reactions: flexi06

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A question for the clued up members on here. Is the time it takes heart rate to return to starting level after vigorous exercise a good measure of fitness/improvement in fitness? Thanks
It is said to be. However, I find that how long my HR takes to descend depends largely on how high I have just been pushing it. The more intense my aerobic workout, the longer it takes. So to monitor your heart health improvement you would have to compare what happens after similar workouts.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is said to be.. So to monitor your heart health improvement you would have to compare what happens after similar workouts.
@Alexandra100 Thanks. The idea is to use it as a regular - weekly/fortnightly - test after a set workout e.g. same 1 or 2 sets of same level track program on exercise bike or same sprint 8 HIIT session.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Personally, I would take pain as a warning and back off. Shoulders are delicate things, you don't want to incur a permanent injury.
Thanks, but unfortunately my shoulders have problems from years of abuse/not stretching after very heavy weights. The pain I experience is from previous muscle tears impinging into the joint, I now stretch and work the muscles around them to no avail, as my range of movement is very limited.

Reactions: kev-w

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Alexandra100 Thanks. The idea is to use it as a regular - weekly/fortnightly - test after a set workout e.g. same 1 or 2 sets of same level track program on exercise bike or same sprint 8 HIIT session.
Sounds good, and your proposed workouts sound great too. Will you be monitoring your times / pace?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Alexandra100 All those workouts are timed - the track ones are set programs of 20 or 30 mins with preset resistance and speeds and the sprint 8 is a 20 minute routine.
So in addition to monitoring your recoveries you will be monitoring your HR and also any improvements during.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mystery virus seems to have abated. Nothing clever exercise wise but solid stuff. 18K steps at a better pace than most days along with 2 little things which pleased me. Carried the 20kgs bag of chicken pellets on shoulder from car to food hopper for first time in a few months and jogged round the garden. The jogging needs to be repeated a few times but would be a major improvement.

Reactions: flexi06 and kev-w

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night, technique, technique, technique for the next few weeks now so it was a ok, sort of, 145kg for 6x5 I have the rest of July / August to get this technique right, then the work begins for competitions in November/December.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another warn dry day here but I managed some exercise. I will have done 16K steps by bedtime and 30 mins on the static bike with average hr of 123. Not seeming to be especially useful for bg control atm then again it may be containing something potentially worse.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Waves at everyone!

After a resting walking week (well, in my terms) I seem to be back to more usual for Japes levels of walking, as long as I remember to sit with my feet up after I'm home and use the ice pack whilst I'm resting. 20 minutes on each of the three dodgy areas of my left leg at least twice a day...

I do admit, the cooler atmosphere was a great encouragement to go out for five miles after work this evening to walk off the effects of the carb-heavy buffet lunch with which we finished the student academic year. Meal out with my group yesterday was managed to perfection, insulin/exercise wise. :D

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A wave back at you @Japes

Today I managed 14k steps plus a 1 hr rehab gym class.

Ive been neglecting the core exercises in the evening because it’s been so hot recently and I can’t summon the enthusiasm. Must get back into it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Everyone seems to have been hard at it, despite the hot weather.

Catching up at the airport waiting for flight home and just been totting up my steps while away. Average daily total sits at 22,337, which includes a couple of days well under 10k steps due to sitting on planes.

Also includes one mad day where I attempted to walk the length of Manhattan in one go. Google maps showed it as a 14.2 mile shot directly along Broadway from 225th street (that’s where I took the subway to to start) to South Ferry (where I planned to take subway back). While I did hit 14 miles (lots of meandering off to explore interesting things), legs (shins) protesting strongly when I was in the vicinity of my hotel so I decided to quit before serious damage was done! About 2.5 miles short of reaching the end. Drama in the day as when I went to do my afternoon BG reading, meter was gone! Quick check of photos to check where I could have left it - answer 2 miles away in a church. Subway rides there and back - they had found it - and on my way with about an hour lost!

Looking forward to checking back in regularly now.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Everyone seems to have been hard at it, despite the hot weather.
Catching up at the airport waiting for flight home and just been totting up my steps while away. Average daily total sits at 22,337, which includes a couple of days well under 10k steps due to sitting on planes. Looking forward to checking back in regularly now.
Impressive steppage there @Goonergal. News suggest it has been exceptionally hot stateside was it? If true, eveen more impressive

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Impressive steppage there @Goonergal. News suggest it has been exceptionally hot stateside was it? If true, eveen more impressive

Thanks. Yes, very hot here too, except in San Francisco - although even there it was generally warmer than I’d been led to believe for their summer. Shorts and t-shirts half of the time there plus need to purchase warm jacket on the way to Alcatraz! Elsewhere v. hot indeed.

Reactions: kev-w and DJC3