Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Morning pumpers!
This is a one for fellow bra wearers...
I am due an upgrade from the Medtronic Paragdim to the 640g which I'm really looking forward to because this old thing looks like a pager from the 90s (although it is pink).

However, I've only just thought about it's shape. I wear my pump attached to my bra, between my cleavage, it sits quite nicely and is virtually unnoticeable. From photos (never held a 640g) it looks like the new pump is a lot more square. Will it still be suitable to wear clipped to my bra?
I wear dresses 99.8% of the time so no belt hoops to attach it to.

TiA

Michelle x

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi Shell,

Most of the time I use a pump belt as i’m more of a jeans gal, however when I do wear a dress I tuck it into my bra and it’s been fine, never been noticed before either :)

Reactions: **shell**
D

Deleted Account

I have not tried the Medtronic 640g.
However, being "less well endowed", I have never been able to put my pump in my bra or even hang it between my cleavage.
Like @Juicyj, I am usually a jeans gal.
There are times when jeans just won't cut it (weddings, business meetings, hot weather ...). In those circumstances, I wear my pump strapped to my leg in a HidIn pump belt wrapped around my thigh twice.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear the 640G clipped to my bra. There's no problem with it there, other than needing a plunge bra if the dress or top has a low neckline (the tubing can show if I wear my usual balcony style bra).

**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Phew!
@dancer I have found that I stopped wearing balcony bras for that one reason...was a good excuse to buy new bras!

@helensarahmay I have heard a few people use a strap around their leg (especially for weddings) how do you input bolus? Just head off to the toilets?
X

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
how do you input bolus? Just head off to the toilets?

You can set your meter up to do a remote bolus - I haven’t used it yet but just had a look now and all you do is set up the preset bolus to say lunch - 3 units.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear my Animas vibe on the front of my bra but am being moved over to Medtronic so I was also wondering this. My DSN said the biggest complaint about the 640 is it's size. Hopefully I'll still be able to wear it on my bra

Reactions: Sweetheart66