1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Medtronic 640g

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by **shell**, Jul 16, 2018.

1. **shell**

**shell** Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning pumpers!
    This is a one for fellow bra wearers...
    I am due an upgrade from the Medtronic Paragdim to the 640g which I'm really looking forward to because this old thing looks like a pager from the 90s (although it is pink).

However, I've only just thought about it's shape. I wear my pump attached to my bra, between my cleavage, it sits quite nicely and is virtually unnoticeable. From photos (never held a 640g) it looks like the new pump is a lot more square. Will it still be suitable to wear clipped to my bra?
    I wear dresses 99.8% of the time so no belt hoops to attach it to.

TiA

Michelle x

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Shell,

Most of the time I use a pump belt as i’m more of a jeans gal, however when I do wear a dress I tuck it into my bra and it’s been fine, never been noticed before either :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

I have not tried the Medtronic 640g.
    However, being "less well endowed", I have never been able to put my pump in my bra or even hang it between my cleavage.
    Like @Juicyj, I am usually a jeans gal.
    There are times when jeans just won't cut it (weddings, business meetings, hot weather ...). In those circumstances, I wear my pump strapped to my leg in a HidIn pump belt wrapped around my thigh twice.

4. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I wear the 640G clipped to my bra. There's no problem with it there, other than needing a plunge bra if the dress or top has a low neckline (the tubing can show if I wear my usual balcony style bra).

5. **shell**

**shell** Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Phew!
    @dancer I have found that I stopped wearing balcony bras for that one reason...was a good excuse to buy new bras!

@helensarahmay I have heard a few people use a strap around their leg (especially for weddings) how do you input bolus? Just head off to the toilets?
    X

6. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

You can set your meter up to do a remote bolus - I haven’t used it yet but just had a look now and all you do is set up the preset bolus to say lunch - 3 units.

7. MushyPeaBrain

MushyPeaBrain Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I wear my Animas vibe on the front of my bra but am being moved over to Medtronic so I was also wondering this. My DSN said the biggest complaint about the 640 is it's size. Hopefully I'll still be able to wear it on my bra

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook